The Nottinghamshire Youth Commission Survey. Can you help us gather your views on Exploitation:
The Nottinghamshire Youth Commission is a peer led project funded by the Nottinghamshire Police and Crime Commissioner. The project aims to give young people a platform to be heard and bring about change in the services that impact upon young people living in Nottinghamshire.
We are working to raise awareness of the services in place to support young people affected by abuse and we need your help. We want to hear about your views, perceptions or experiences of abuse, particularly domestic abuse. All views are anonymous and will be used to highlight the issues young people face and help us develop recommendations for the Nottinghamshire Police and Crime Commissioner and other key decision makers in improving local services.
1. Below are different definitions of some of the terms for exploitation, which of the following are you most aware of? (tick any that apply)
Forced labour: Making someone to work against their will because of threats or inability to leave
Sexual exploitation: This can be through prostitution or pornography or can mean control such as sexual servitude or forced sexual services
Enforced criminality: Normally involving young people when someone can force them to do criminal acts like pickpocketing, drug trafficking and cannabis cultivation
Forced marriage: When someone is put under pressure to marry someone
Domestic servitude: A domestic worker or helper who works within their employers home, performing a variety of tasks, it becomes exploitative when there are restrictions on the workers movements and forced to work long hours
All of the above
2. Looking at the definitions above: Do you think there is an issue with exploitation in Nottinghamshire?
3. According to police recorded crime statistics 2019, which age group is most likely to be identified as victims of exploitation in Nottinghamshire?
11-13 years old
14-16 years old
17-18 years old
18-20 years old
21-25 years old
4. In your view, which definition best matches the term for county lines ?
Drug gangs from a larger city expanding their operations and recruiting a young person to do it
Treating someone unfairly and making them work long hours and taking all the credit for their work
Asking someone to hold money for you for a short time
5. Where do you think young people are most likely to be recruited to be exploited ?
6. Which of the following would you do if you or someone you knew was being exploited?
Tell a trusted adult
Go to the police
Go to a support service
Wouldn't do anything
7. If you or someone you knew, were being exploited would you report this to the police ?
8. Tell us a bit more about your response to the above question?
9. What would you like to see the police to do more to help reduce exploitation?
10. What can local organisations do to help raise awareness of exploitation and how to report it?
11. There are many places that people experiencing exploitation can go to for support. Below are a few examples. Which of the following are you aware of ? (please tick all that apply)
Tel: 01332 362120
Tel: 18 or under 0800 1111 or helpline 0808 800 5000 SMS: 88858
Tel: 0208 550 8822
Tel: 0808 801 0327
Tel: 0845 30 30 900
Tel: 0808 2000 247
12. From the organisations listed above if any, would you consider contacting them if you or someone you knew was being exploited?
Thank you for your help in our research
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service