The Beth Shannon Memorial Education Scholarship
On June 12, 2016, Geneva lost a beloved member of our teaching community, Beth Shannon. Beth worked at Western Avenue School for 19 years, mostly in fifth grade. Beth loved teaching and the children in her classroom. She made a difference in the life of every child she taught. Beth was kind, loving, intelligent, patient, and caring.
The Geneva Education Association is proud to award a $2,500 renewable scholarship in Beth's honor. This scholarship will be awarded to one Geneva High School senior who intends to pursue a degree in the field of education. Our hope is that this scholarship will aide a Geneva student in becoming an educator who embodies Beth's treatment of all students: with a smile, patience, encouragement, and guidance.
This scholarship is renewable up to a total aggregate scholarship of $10, 000, pursuant to student meeting the re-application qualifications each year.
The qualifications for application are as follows:
1. Must be a current senior at Geneva High School, Geneva, IL.
2. Must have a GPA of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
3. Must provide a copy of GHS transcript.
4. Must be pursuing a degree in the field of education.
5. Must submit a copy of transcript as well as complete the online application and submit the essay by March 15, 2019.
6. Must provide a copy of college acceptance letter by April 25, 2019.
The qualifications for re-application are as follows:
1. Must be enrolled in an accredited college.
2. Must maintain a college GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
3. Must provide a copy of college transcript, including major declared.
4. Must submit transcript by May 1 of each subsequent year in college.
Please write an ESSAY.
In a maximum of three double-spaced pages, please answer all of the following questions:
1. What influence or events in your life have inspired you to pursue a degree in education?
2. What content area have you chosen to major in as a prospective educator?
3. What kind of impact do you hope to have on the future students in your classroom?
Copies of transcripts and essay must be mailed or emailed by the deadline to:
Ms. Val Demich
1357 Viking Drive
Geneva, IL 60134
What is your last name?
What is your first name?
What is your home address?
What is/are your phone number(s)?
What is/are your email address(es)?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Geneva CUSD 304.