OPEN MIC SIGN-UP! Herter Park Amphitheater - 09/19/19, 7:30-10 PM
***** THIS EVENT WAS RESCHEDULED FROM 9/6/19. IF YOU SIGNED UP PREVIOUSLY & RESPONDED TO OUR EMAIL ABOUT RESERVING YOUR SPOT FOR THE NEW DATE, YOU ARE ALL SET. NO NEED TO SIGN UP AGAIN. *****
Calling all singer/songwriters! Musicians! A cappella groups! Spoken word artists! Slam poets! Comedians!
We are hosting open-mic night. Won't you join us?
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
* Sign-up now to be guaranteed a spot.
* All styles and levels of experience welcome.
* Minors - You must be 13+ years old & have a parent/guardian with you.
* ABSOLUTELY NO PROFANITY or OFFENSIVE PERFORMANCES! We are in a state park, with families walking by. Our events are all ages shows.
* Our events are NON-POLITICAL & NON-RELIGIOUS. Please do not use your time on stage as a vehicle to promote political agendas. And needless to say, do not perform content that is sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, that tries to overtly push a specific ideology or belief system on others, or that promotes violence, hatred or destructive behavior (you will be asked to leave).
* Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate bands at this time. Small acoustic groups, or a cappella groups OK.
* No drum sets, but light/hand percussion OK (bongos, etc.)
* Set length is 2 songs, or approx. 8 minutes readings/comedy stage time. Please have 3 songs prepared in case we need to stretch!
* We will provide sound system, including 2 mics/stands & cables to soundboard. You must provide any other equipment needs.
* Allowable instruments include acoustic guitar (or similar string), ukulele, a single electric guitar (bring own amp), portable keyboard or pre-recorded track on your phone. (Audio cable to our sound system available.) Play something else? Cool - tell us in the comments!
* We will hold some slots for walk-ins day of show. Walk-in sign ups available on-site beginning at 6:30 pm.
* If you sign up in advance, WE EXPECT YOU TO SHOW UP. You will be emailed a specific time in our line-up. Last minute cancellations & no-shows screw us up, big-time. If you cancel the day-of-show or don't show up, we’ll ask you to sign up in person after that.
* We do our best to honor time slot requests, but no guarantees. Bribery helps. (Just kidding.)
* If your name is called and you are not in the venue, you will forfeit your stage time.
* FoHP reserves the right to record this event or aspects thereof on photographic film, video clips, and/or other similar media for use in promotional materials including printed, web and social media, By signing-up below, you agree to this.
* Our stage is not wheelchair accessible, but there is plenty of room between the stage & seating. We will make every effort to make accommodations for individuals with mobility issues.