AS OF APRIL 29, 2022, we do have 1 remaining spot open out of 30 possible slots. Currently we have a collection of 27 teams from IL, WV, western PA, eastern PA, south NJ, north NJ, Hudson Valley NY, and Long Island NY regions, many of which are Regional Champions Award winners or other high performing teams.
IN-PERSON FLL CARGO CONNECT competition to be held at the Liberty Science Center (Jersey City, NJ) on Saturday May 14th, 2022. There will be spots for 36 teams for a full day event starting at 8am ET and ending 5pm ET with opening ceremonies, in-person judging, 3 robot runs paired with another team, awards presentations, and closing ceremonies.
This Community Event will be open to all registered 2021/2022 FLL Cargo Connect teams in the United States. This is for FLL CHALLENGE teams, not FLL Explore.
The event will adhere to all facility (LSC), local, state, and CDC COVID19 safety protocols as of May 14, 2022.
Questions can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on Facebook @AmericanInvitationalRoboticshttps://www.facebook.com/AmericanInvitationalRobotics/https://americanroboticsopen.org/
==== COST =====
• $300 Event Registration Fee includes admission to LSC (Liberty Science Center) exhibits for 4 student team members and 2 coaches. A maximum of 6 additional student team members are allowed at a cost of $17/student and also includes admission to LSC exhibits. This may not include special exhibits that LSC rotates through on a seasonal basis.
• On-site parking is $10/vehicle. Lower cost parking is available 1 block north at the Liberty State Park - Park & Ride Lot.
• Friends & family wishing to watch the event will need admission to LSC. Admission rates are listed at www.lsc.org
==== KEY DATES ====
• March 8, 2022 - Early Registration Opens
• April 17, 2022 - $150 deposit required. Deposit is refundable if another team can be found to take your place.
• May 1, 2022 - full balance due
• May 7, 2022 - Registration closes
==== Q&A and INFO SESSIONS ====
• Every Sunday 9:00pm - 9:30pm ET from March 13 - May 8, 2022
Liberty Science Center FLL Cargo Connect - Info Sessionhttps://meet.google.com/yyf-efws-fgg
==== OTHER INFO ====
1) The operating entity for this event is "American Robotics Open Championship Corp." PLANNED 501(c)(3) non-profit STATUS EXPECTED TO BE COMPLETED BY MAY 2022.
2) 18 spots will be held for regional Champions Award Teams, other high performing teams as nominated by FLL Regional Partners, and other local partner teams. The remaining 18 spots will be given out on a first come first serve basis.
3) This is a FIRST "Community Event" and we are keeping FIRST updated on our progress. This is not a Championship Event, nor a Open Event and is not receiving official support from FIRST at this time. Again, FIRST is aware of our efforts and is only providing guidance for us to maintain event status as a FIRST Community Event.
4) Given that CDC guidelines, NJ COVID19 regulations, could change at any point there is always the risk that the event may need to be canceled at some date.
5) Because of #4 above, we STRONGLY recommend that all teams make FULLY REFUNDABLE travel arrangements.https://forms.gle/FPnkuYh8i97iCs1K6
CONFIRMATION EMAILS WILL BE SENT WITHIN 24 HOURS. IF HAVEN'T RECEIVED ON IN THAT TIMEFRAME, PLEASE SEND CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY at email@example.com