Youth Speaks Online Writing Workshop Registration
Workshop Description: In order to keep each other safe during the ongoing pandemic, Youth Speaks is moving its writing workshops online! Each writing workshop is an opportunity to put pen to page and learn how to speak from your heart, however your voice manifests, whether as poem, bars, speech, song, rant, curse, or IG post. Just bring you, a device you can tune in with, your writing utensils of choice, and we’ve got the rest. We hope to see you and your favorite background soon. All experience levels are welcome and it is never too late to join!
Who: Teens age 13 – 19 year olds
When: Wednesdays 3:30-5:30pm PST & Fridays 11:30-1:30pm PST, beginning March 25th
Where: On the internet!
Registration: Register below at least 2 hours before your first workshop is set to begin.
What you need:
1. A phone, tablet, or computer that lets you participate in a video call, camera on
2. A stable internet connection
3. Your favorite writing utensils
How to join a workshop:
1. Download Zoom to your device (
2. Create a Zoom account using your email address (
3. Register for your first Youth Speaks workshop at least 2 hours before the workshop is set to begin (NOTE: no need to register again after registering for your first workshop)
4. Check your email for the Zoom meeting link (delivered at least 30 minutes before the workshop is set to begin)
5. Click it and enjoy the workshop. You made it!
If you have any questions, contact
NOTE: this workshop is only open to participants age 13 – 19 years old
Examples: they/them/theirs, he/him/his, she/her/hers, etc.
What is the name of the city you are tuning in from? Example: Oakland, California
If you go to a school in San Francisco, California, put your school name below! *Leave this blank if you do not go to a school in San Francisco
Examples: Balboa, Gateway, O'Connell
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Youth Speaks.