3rd Annual Ornamental OdditiesArt GallerySaturday, December 14th5-9:30pm
LOCATION:Boys & Girls Club of Stanton11050 Cedar StreetStanton, CA 90680
*PLEASE NOTE: This is an APPLICATION and NOT an ACCEPTANCE to the gallery. Should you be accepted to participate in a gallery, this application will become your artist contract.
Please read the following information carefully before submitting your response.
• THEME:o The theme of this gallery is Ornamental Oddities. This gallery will be comprised of hand created, ornament pieces. This theme is completely open and you do NOT have to make holiday themed pieces. All pieces must be able to hang like an ornament.
• APPLICATION ACCEPTANCE:o This is a juried gallery, and the Artist Lodge team will review every application. Please make sure that all portfolio and website links are up to date. Applications will broken links or no website/portfolio will automatically be rejected from the show. o If you are accepted as a gallery participant, you will be directly emailed by Marissa Suto or an Artist Lodge team member to notify you of your acceptance. Due to an overwhelming amount of artist applications, we do not email those that are not accepted to the gallery.
• POLICIES:o All art must be related to the theme, so please make sure the theme is clear in your piece. Please note that this is a FAMILY FRIENDLY EVENT. We will NOT be accepting artwork including graphic or crude imagery, or nudity. o Please make sure that all submitted artwork is YOUR OWN. We will not be accepting artwork that is a direct replication of another's creators characters or art. If you choose to create Fan Art please make sure it is created by you in your own style and is not a direct replication of another creator's characters or art. We also will not be accepting artwork that has been stolen from another creator. If we discover that you have stolen or directly replicated another artist's, you will not be allowed to participate in the show and you will be blacklisted from participating in any future Artist Lodge event.
• ENTRY FEE:o There is a $20 entry fee for this gallery. This $20 fee covers the artist for up to five pieces. If you are selected for the gallery, you will receive a Square Invoice that you can use to pay the entry fee.o As an incentive to attend the gallery, any participating artists that come and check in with me the evening of the artist lodge will receive $5 back. But you MUST check in with me (Marissa Suto) personally.o CONTRACT AND PAYMENT ARE DUE WITHIN 7 DAYS OF RECEIVING THIS CONTRACT
• CANCELLATION:o Please confirm your schedule before committing to this show. You have 30 days from your application acceptance, or 60 days before the event to cancel and receive a refund, whichever comes first. (For example, if the show takes place on May 1st and you are accepted February 1st, you have until March 1st to cancel and receive a refund. But if the show takes place on May 1st and you are accepted April 1st, you will not qualify for a refund if you cancel.) You will receive your drop deadline in your acceptance email.
• ART SIZE:o Ornaments can be a maximum of five inches wide at their widest point
• MEDIUM:o ANY MEDIUM IS WELCOME! Printmaking, painting, drawing, collage, whatever you'd like to do. Go forth and create.
• ART PRICING:o This is a price capped gallery. Our main goal is for you wonderful artists to sell your artwork. By setting a price cap and making art more affordable, we ensure that more of your work can find its forever home. For original artwork: price may not exceed $60o You have no obligation to price your piece and may instead mark it as NFS (Not for sale).o If you submit a piece at a higher price and you don't reply to my attempts at contacting you for a change before the Art Card deadline, your piece will be marked as NOT FOR SALE.
• PRINTS:o This gallery will not have any prints or reproductions
• PAYMENT:o All sales in the gallery will be handled by Marissa Suto or a trusted Artist Lodge team member. Sales will include all original art and additional print(s) (If applicable), minus the 30% commission the gallery will retain.o Marissa Suto will directly send you your profit via PAYPAL for the full amount of the purchase price(s), less the previously mentioned and agreed upon percentage that the gallery will retain. Your profit will be sent out within 15 business days after the conclusion of the gallery.o Marissa Suto and The Artist Lodge agree to charge the price set by the artist for each item sold, and will accept nothing less than the purchase price for the artwork unless otherwise agreed upon in an email.
• PROMOTIONS:o One of the requirements of being in this gallery is PROMOTION! Marissa and The Artist Lodge can only do so much, but we're happy to do it. However, we want to make sure as many people know about this show as possible, including your followers and fans! As you're working on piece of art, please take lots and lots of work in progress photos (WIPs). Use these photos to post about the show. o Please begin posting at least 2 months in advance of the show.o When you post, don't post your entire piece! We don't want to give away the surprise of your piece before people come to the show and see it in person! Make sure you only post little sneak peeks of the piece!o Please tag @theartistlodge and @humalongproductions in your posts on instagram and twitter. It helps us see that you're posting, and makes it easier for us to repost to further advertise!o Some other hashtags to use, and feel free to copy and paste:#artistlodge #theartistlodge #supportlocalartists #supportlocalbusinesses #supportlocal #shopsmall #wip #artshow #artgallery #artistsofinstagram #artistsoninstagram #artistsofig #artist #art #artwork #santaana #orangecounty #ocart
• ARTWORK DROP OFF:o Marissa will begin collecting artwork a full month before the event. We would appreciate it if we can collect all of the artwork prior to the show date, so that the day of the show can be spent hanging the artwork. Marissa will send out dates and locations that your artwork can be dropped off at.o If you are shipping your artwork, you are responsible for the cost to ship to and from the gallery.o IF YOU ARE SHIPPING YOUR ARTWORK, PLEASE CONTACT MARISSA DIRECTLY. DO NOT SHIP TO THE GALLERY LOCATION.o If you have not previously contacted Marissa about dropping off your artwork, and you do not drop your art off within the time frames stated above, your artwork will not be included in the show.o We will not be accepting wet art, so if you're painting or using a wet medium, or creating a 3-dimensional piece, make sure it is dry.
• ARTWORK PICK-UP:o Artist is responsible for taking home any unsold original art and marketing paraphernalia at the end of the night of the gallery.o Marissa Suto will be taking home any unclaimed original art at the end of the event. Artists will have 30 days after the gallery closes to contact Marissa Suto to set a pick-up date, discuss shipping, and to pick-up artwork. Any work not claimed within 30 business days after the Artist Lodge will then become property of The Artist Lodge.o If you are shipping your artwork, you are responsible for the cost to ship to and from the gallery.
• ARTIST ATTENDANCE:o We highly encourage all participating artists to show up to the Artist Lodge for the event. I know that as both an artist and a fan, it’s a thrill to be able to meet and speak to the artist of the piece that you’re purchasing. You’re an awesome artist and somebody’s inspiration, so it would be nice if you were there at the gallery, enjoying the night amongst your peers and fans. We will have name tags for artists that are showing up so that fans can easily find you so that you can sign their purchases.o Keep in mind that any attending artists can receive $5 of their entry fee back when you check in with Marissa at the event.o Please keep in mind that while we can't make you come to the show, we do make note of the artists that do not show up for the gallery and signing when we’re considering people for future galleries. Not showing up may influence whether or not you’re chosen to participate in a future show.o If you're attending the signing, you may bring business cards and any other FREE marketing paraphernalia (stickers, pamphlets, etc) that you'd like to pass out.o Marissa will be contacting you closer to the event for Art Card information, and you can verify whether or not you will be attending then. o If you are a non-local artist you will not have attendance held against you.
• DONATIONS:o Artists are encouraged to bring a donation for the Artist Lodge raffle. This can be a sketch-card, print, shirt, bag, button, enamel pin, whatever you'd like. It must be family friendly. We ask to make sure that your business card or contact info is on your donation so that the winners can find you. This ensures that at least one person goes home with your artwork that evening. Again, this is optional but encouraged. Donations do not need to correlate with the theme of the gallery.
• PLEASE NOTE:o Marissa Suto nor The Artist Lodge are responsible for any damages to art pieces or prints once they are received. Please check your work before you drop it off. Neither Marissa Suto or The Artist Lodge are liable if an item is stolen, damaged, or if there is a fire, flood, or any natural disaster that damages or destroys the item(s).o We reserve the right to refuse any items that we feel are not on point with the theme of the show, or of the highest quality. Please double and triple check all artwork that is to be submitted before doing so.o By filling out and submitting this contract, you are confirming that any and all artwork and prints that you submit are YOUR original artwork or fan art. All artwork sold in the gallery must be original work created by YOU.
• CONTACT:o If you need anything at all, please contact Marissa Suto via email. Selected artists will have access to Marissa's phone number in case of emergency.o Email: email@example.com
The Artist does hereby agree to the terms set forth above by submitting this form.This contract shall be governed by the laws of the State of California in Orange County and any applicable Federal Law.