Athlete Code of Conduct
CODE OF CONDUCT DOCUMENT
TEAM MEIBUKAN is committed to providing an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect. Further, TEAM MEIBUKAN supports equal opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices. Members of TEAM MEIBUKAN and participants in TEAM MEIBUKAN's programs and activities are expected to conduct themselves at all times in a manner consistent with the values of TEAM MEIBUKAN. Conduct that violates these values may be subject to sanctions pursuant to TEAM MEIBUKAN's Discipline Policy.
All organizers, coaches, officials, athletes, managers, volunteers, staff and members of TEAM MEIBUKAN have a responsibility to:
1. Maintain and enhance the dignity and self-esteem of members and participants of TEAM MEIBUKAN by:
- Demonstrating respect to individuals regardless of gender, ethnic or racial origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, religion, political belief, disability or economic status;
- Focusing comments or criticism appropriately and avoiding public criticism of athletes, coaches, officials, organizers, volunteers, staff and members;
- Consistently demonstrating the spirit of sportsmanship, sports leadership and ethical conduct and practices;
- Ensuring that the rules of the sport, and the spirit of such rules are adhered to;
2. Learn and practice Okinawan Budo protocol at all TEAM MEIBUKAN events at a level accepted by the Meibukan Hombu Dojo.
3. Abstain from the irresponsible use of alcohol and tobacco while participating at TEAM MEIBUKAN athletic events.
4. Take reasonable steps to manage the responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages in social situations associated with TEAM MEIBUKAN events.
5. Abstain from the non-medical use of illegal drugs or the use of performance enhancing drugs or methods.
6. Refrain from any behaviour that constitutes harassment, where harassment is defined as comment or conduct, directed towards an individual or group, which is offensive, abusive, racist, sexist, degrading or malicious.
7. Refrain from any behaviour that constitutes sexual harassment, where sexual harassment is defined
as unwelcome sexual advances or conduct of a sexual nature when submitting to or rejecting this conduct influences decisions which affect the individual, such conduct has the purpose or effect of diminishing performance, or such conduct creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment;
8. Adhere to TEAM MEIBUKAN's requirements regarding clothing and equipment.
9. Comply at all times with the constitution, bylaws, policies, rules and regulations of TEAM MEIBUKAN, as adopted and amended from time to time, including complying with any contracts or agreements executed with TEAM MEIBUKAN;
In addition to the above, Leaders, Coaches, Dojo Representatives (Sensei) will have a responsibility to:
1. Ensure a safe environment by selecting activities and establishing controls that are suitable for the age, experience, ability and fitness level of athletes;
2. Avoid compromising the present and future health of athletes by communicating and cooperating with registered medical practitioners in their diagnosis, treatment and management;
3. Educate athletes about the dangers of drugs and performance enhancing substances;
4. Accept and promote athletes' personal goals and refer to other coaches and sports specialists as opportunities arise;
5. Communicate and cooperate with the parents/guardians of athletes who are minors and involve them in decisions pertaining to their child's development;
6. Consider the academic pressures placed on student-athletes and conduct practices and events in a manner that supports academic success.
Athletes who have been selected to a representative team of TEAM MEIBUKAN will have an additional responsibility to:
1. Report any medical problems in a timely fashion, where such problems may limit the athlete's ability to train or compete;
2. Participate in all competitions, events or projects to which the athlete has made a commitment.
I have read and understood the Code of Conduct for TEAM MEIBUKAN. I agree to abide by these rules to be considered a member in good standing.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service