The Sentinel Gallery, Chapel Road, Wivenhoe, Essex CO7 9DX
Enquiry form to hire The Sentinel Gallery
Hiring The Sentinel Gallery:
The Sentinel Gallery is available to hire in weekly units commencing on a Thursday at 10:00am.
Please read the following information and if you wish to proceed complete the questions and submit the form.
Using The Sentinel Gallery:
The Gallery is primarily designed for the exhibition of artwork but we are happy to discuss other ideas.
The Sentinel Gallery Opening Hours:
Opening hours of exhibitions or events are flexible but limited to between 10.00am and 5.00pm. One evening session may be held by arrangement, but please note you must be clear of the gallery by 10.00pm at the latest.
All those hiring the Sentinel Gallery are required to follow current government guidelines.
Facilities at The Sentinel Gallery:
Included in your weekly hire charge:-
1. Full use of the main Gallery with 25 sq m of wall hanging space
2. Display Window
3. Wireless Internet
4. Display plinths, small display easels and lockable glass cabinets
5. Display of poster (you provide) on the board adjacent to the front door of the gallery
6. Hanging system: fixed rails to be used along with picture hooks provided by the gallery. No holes in the walls please. If you need to stick anything to the wall, please use "White-tack"
7. Fully accessible Toilet Facilities
8. Tea/coffee making facilities, please bring your own ingredients. Microwave
9. Flexible gallery lighting
10. Cupboard Storage for stock items
11. Local Signage
12. Private viewing evening by arrangement - must be clear of the gallery by 10.00pm.
13. Credit Card payment facility, via iZettle app. Written instructions will be available to link directly to your bank account. We strongly encourage hirers to operate a "cashless" exhibition/event - or please feel free to bring your own machine if you have one.
14. Two mailshots to The Sentinel's database via MailChimp - the first 28 days before the first day of your event, the second a few days before your event commences. You must provide a pdf. of exactly what you'd like included in the mail shot. Max 200 words and 3 jpegs. We will also post your event on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
Hiring Charges and Fees:
1. A deposit of £100 is payable by bank transfer upon booking and is refundable providing the Premises are left in an appropriate condition following the hire.
2. The cost of hire for the main gallery is £300 per week. The total amount is payable, in full, by bank transfer at least 28 days prior to the booking date.
3. An additional fee will be payable for cleaning or repairs if the Premises are not left in an acceptable state. This fee will be deducted from the deposit monies.
4. The Sentinel Gallery DOES NOT charge commission on items sold.
1. Cancellation will be accepted up to 28 days prior to the event and a refund of the deposit will be made.
2. Cancellation within less than 28 days of the event will result in the loss of the deposit.
Name of Hirer
Address of Hirer
Telephone number of hirer
Name of Artist/Group/Club/Society/Charity that you represent (if any)
Website of Artist or Group if applicable
Please describe your exhibition or event
Please let us know your first choice of the Thursday you wish your exhibition or event to commence
Please let us know your second choice of the Thursday you wish your exhibition or event to commence
How many weeks would you like your exhibition or event to run for?
One evening - Private View - opening per week is permitted. Please note you must be clear of the building by 10.00pm at the very latest. Please enter the date, if you wish, of your evening event.
Please confirm that you are happy for The Sentinel Gallery to keep a record of your contact details for marketing purposes. Your details will never be shared with a third party but by giving your consent you authorise us to keep you up to date with opportunities and developments at The Sentinel Gallery.
Thank you for completing this initial enquiry form. Please hit the submit button and we'll be back in touch very soon. NB: You will receive a confirmation email - but it may go to your spam folder - please check.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service