R&A Volunteer Application Form 2020
Keen to come join the Rhythm and Alps Volunteer crew for the 10th anniversary? We are keen to have you!
Rhythm and Alps runs over 3 nights from 29th Dec – 1st Jan. It is situated in the beautiful Cardrona Valley in the mighty Southern Alps of New Zealand, just 40 minutes from Queenstown and 15 minutes from Wanaka.
The event is the premier festival of the South Island, catering to 10,000 partygoers.
This year the 10th anniversary is a sell out and host to a fully Aotearoa lineup with Six60, Benee, Fat Freddy's Drop and the Phoenix Foundation all helping us see out the end of 2020, and bring in a fresh new year.
Right now we are recruiting an awesome team of committed and enthusiastic volunteers to come and join our crew in a variety of different positions.
HOW IT WORKS
Firstly, you will need to choose your preferred level of volunteer involvement from the following:
a) Full Volunteer Package
- During the festival you will be rostered for up to 24 hours. This will be spread out from the 28th Dec - 1st Jan (inclusive) giving you plenty of time to enjoy some music.
- When you are not on shift you are free to enjoy the full festival
- On-site camping included (28th Dec – 1st Jan)
- 3x meal vouchers to be redeemed from our vendors over the festival
- An R&A 2020 crew t-shirt
b) Single Day Volunteer
- Complete a volunteer shift of up to 8 hours
- Receive a single day ticket to the sold out festival
- Note: you will be required to have your own accommodation
c) Management Support Volunteer
- This year we are giving those seeking specific event experience the chance to learn more with our management support volunteers. If this is you please indicate in the form and we will be in contact
• We need people to fill a variety of different roles including customer service, ticketing, security, recycling & waste, hospitality & more. You will be placed in your roles dependent on the information given to us in your form and available roles at the time of application.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
1) Fill out our application form below - this will help us get to know you a bit better so please don’t be shy
2) Wait for your confirmation
If you are a successful applicant we will send you an email inviting you onto the crew. As we receive hundreds of Volunteer requests a year please be patient with us. If it has been longer than 5 days please follow up to
3) Pay your festival ticket bond so we can confirm your position
In order to secure a committed team we require every volunteer to pay a bond. If you are opting for the full volunteer package this will be $250, if you are a day volunteer this could be up to $150, dependent on your day shift - some day volunteers will not be required to pay a bond. This bond is then refunded after the festival when we know all shifts have been completed. Only when this bond has been paid can we confirm your place in the team.
4) You’re in!
Sit back and relax while we organise your shift times. We aim to let you know your shift times before you arrive to the festival so you can plan your dancing around them.
These shift times will equate to no longer than 24 hours over 3 days for the full volunteer package or 8 hours for the single day volunteer.
5) Come join the crew and have an awesome New Years with us!
Without our amazing Vollys we could not make R&A come to life. Good luck with your application!
If all of this sounds good to you and you want to join the volly crew and be a part of the magic in bringing our New Years Festival to life make sure to fill in this application form asap as places will fill up quick.
For any further questions please email
Preferred Volunteer Involvement
Full Volunteer Package
Single Day Volunteer
Management Support Volunteer
First and last name
How old will you be on 29th Dec 2020?
Prefer not to say
Are you a Wanaka/Queenstown local?
If you have chosen the Full Volunteer Package - are you available from 28th Dec to 1st Jan (dates inclusive)
If you have chosen the Single Day Volunteer please indicate which days you are available (tick all dates that apply)
Pre Christmas (flexible dates - we may be in touch with other opportunities)
Please tick any areas you have experience in
What areas interest you (please note this is an indication only, we cannot gurantee placement in particular areas)
Please tick any of the following that apply to you
Full Drivers Licence
First Aid Certificate / Medical
Do you have any friends you are applying with? Let us know their names
Why do you want to volunteer at R&A?
Have you also applied for a festival staff position?
Not yet, but I will be
If you have any specific event experience please let us know below
It's your time to shine and tell us more about yourself. Is there anything else we should know? Special talents, unique skills, good jokes?
Who are you most looking forward to seeing on the lineup?
Do you have a valid working visa for New Zealand? (not necessary for volunteering)
Do you have a disability or condition that may have a bearing on your role, or are on any medication that we should be aware of?
How did you hear about the volunteering
Emergency contact details (relation, name and number):
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Rhythm & Alps.