Prakriti type assessment
LATE PRIN. B. V. BHIDE FOUNDATION
Following questionnaire will assess your Prakriti so as to provide you the feedback about your Prakriti type or behavioral phenotype in prescribed format. Prakriti is sum total of morphological, physiological and psychological traits in human beings. Prakriti depends on genetic as well as acquired factors. The genetic factor depends upon sperm and ova, while acquired constitution depends on environmental factors like climate, season, time factor, age, race, family inheritance.
The clinical and therapeutic utility of the knowledge of Prakriti has been vibrantly described in traditional Ayurvedic texts. The knowledge of Prakriti is not only helpful in diagnosis and treatment but it is equally beneficial for healthy persons. It is
comprehensive in scope, spanning both physical and mental aspects.
This questionnaire will be useful to critically observe yourself and will give us information about your Prakriti characteristics.
Your response will be used for research purpose only and analysis report will be sent to you within one week on the email address provided by you. As of now, the final outcome will be by combination of online questionnaire and Nadipariksha by the Ayurvedic doctor. Nadipariksha will be carried out during the workshop.
Those who will only fill the online questionnaire and not attending the workshop are requested to take an appointment for Nadipariksha at
, to get the report.
I, the undersigned, voluntarily agree to take part in the study.
I have been given a full explanation by the scientific investigators of the nature and purpose of the study.
I have been given the opportunity to question the investigators on all aspects of the study, and have understood the advice and information given as a result.
All documentation held on a volunteer is in the strictest confidence and complies with the Data Protection Act (2013). I agree that I will not seek to restrict the use to which the result of the study may be put.
I confirm that I have read and understood the above and freely consent to participating in this study. I have been given adequate time to consider my participation and agree to comply with the instructions and restrictions of the study.
a) Please read each question very carefully before answering.
b) Answer all questions in numerical order.
d) Each question should be answered independently of others. No need to go back and check your answer.
e) For each question select one answer only.
f) Please answer each question as honestly as possible.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Date of Birth & Time of Birth
1) Do you change your body posture frequently? (You cannot manage yourself in a stable posture for a long duration.)
1- I cannot be in one position at any point of time. (Fiddly)
2 - I can be in one position at least for half an hour.
3 - No, I will not change my body posture frequently and can be in one position easily for 1-2 hours.
2) Do even mild or trivial injuries on your body make you upset?( eg. small cuts or pricks)
1 - I will get upset and will try to get sympathy from others which will make me feel better.
2 - Yes, I will get upset and irritated easily.
3 - No, I will not become upset or irritated.
3) How will you describe your complexion in comparison with your family members?
1 - I am not fairer in comparison to my family members , I am brown / Black.
2 - Yes, I am fairer in comparison to my family members, my complexion is pinkish white.
3 - Yes, I have fairer in comparison to my family members, I am wheatish.
4) Are you slow in consuming the food?
1 - No, I just gulp the food(eat in hurry).
2 - No, I eat fast but I do enjoy the food
3 - Yes, I am the last person to finish the food.
5) When you go to morning walk or college or office, do you walk slowly in comparison to others?
1 - I am always in hurry.
2 - In all situations, I always try to maintain medium pace and be punctual.
3 - Yes, I always walk slowly in comparison with others.
6) If you are assigned any work, do you take some extra time to start it?
1 - No, I will start the assignment immediately but lose the interest soon.
2 - No, I will see the priority of my work then start and will finish it in time..
3 - Yes, I am lazy and really need a push to start the work. Once started I will surely complete it as per my pace.
7) How you will rate your immunity (For example, during seasonal changes, when your friends are easily caught up with flu etc., you are still healthy among them).
1 - Yes, I am very sensitive to seasonal change, my immunity is very low.
2 - Yes, I do get affected specifically due to rise in temperature
3 - I do not get affected with any seasonal changes. My immunity is good.
8) When certain things don't go your way, do you get irritated easily? (For example, when you don’t get breakfast on time / or when the power goes off while watching a cricket match or your favourite movie on the television).
1 - Yes, I get irritated with small things.
2 - Yes, sometimes I get irritated and it depends on situations important to me.
3 - No, I get least affected.
9) Given a chance which type of food taste would you prefer?
1 - I would prefer sweet, sour and / or salty taste. (Chatpata)
2 - I would prefer sweet and / or bitter. (I have sweet tooth)
3 - I would prefer chilly hot and / or bitter. (Spicy)
10) Are you more comfortable in winter than summer?
1 - No, I am comfortable in summer than winter.
2 - Yes, I like winter and I hope there is no summer season.
3 - No, I hate winter because I shiver a lot in winter.
11) Do you have excessive black moles, hyper pigmentation, wrinkling etc. on your skin? Or have you noticed new appearance of black moles often on your skin?
1 - No, I don't have.
2 - Yes, I do have hyperpigmentation especially on face and I also have tendency of developing black moles.
3 - No, I have decent complexion.
12) Have you experienced pre-mature graying & early baldness?
1 - No, I don't have pre-mature graying of hair or early baldness.
2 - Yes, at very early age my hair started graying (less than 20 years) / I have scanty hair or developed baldness ( less than 30 years)
3 - No premature graying of hair. I still have thick hair with black/brown colour though my age is more than 40 years.
13) Do you feel excessive hunger & thirst in comparison to others?
1 - My hunger and thirst are variable.
2 - Yes, I do feel excessive hunger and thirst in comparison to others.
3 - No, I don't have excessive hunger and thirst in comparison to others.
14) How will you describe your hair ?
1 - I have dry, rough and thinly distributed hair with split ends.
2 - I have soft, silky, scanty and brown hair.
3 - My hair are oily, dense and curly.
15) Do you involve yourself in risky & heroic activities helpful to others?
1 - It depends on situation sometimes yes sometimes no.( It is unpredictable)
2 - I like to get involved in such activities.( It will be my spontaneous reaction)
3 - Rarely I take active part in such type of activities.
16) Do you have ability to eat and digest large quantities of food or drinks?
1 - My ability to eat and digest food or drinks varies depending on taste, liking and mood.
2 - Yes, I have ability to eat and digest large quantities of food or drinks.
3 - No, my ability to eat and digest food or drinks is less and even if I eat more then it needs to be balanced by skipping next meal.
17) Do you sweat more? Does it has bad odor?
1 - No, I get little sweat with no bad odor.
2 - I get more sweat with bad odor which also stains cloths.
3 - I sweat more or less depending on weather but it never has bad odor.
18) Can you tolerate hunger (How will you react if you miss your meal?)
1 - Sometimes I can tolerate hunger and sometimes I can not. Missing a meal may matter to me or may not.
2 - I can not tolerate hunger. If I miss a meal I might get headache or I may become restless.
3 - I can tolerate hunger. Missing a meal will not affect me in any way.
19) Does your sleep last less than 6 hours per day?
1 - Yes, I am comfortable with less than 6hrs sleep per day.
2 - I need 6 - 8 hrs sleep per day.
3 - I cannot sustain with less than 6 hours sleep per day. I always sleep more than 8 hrs.
20) Is your sleep gets disturbed easily?
1 - A little disturbance will take off my sleep and it is difficult for me to go back to sleep again.
2 - Usually my sleep doesn't get easily disturbed but if it gets disturbed I can easily go back to sleep.
3 - No, my sleep cannot get easily disturbed and I also need some extra time to come out of bed.
21) Are you considered talkative among your friends?
1 - Yes, I am talkative and sometimes I have habit of getting carried away.
2 - No, I am less talkative but whenever I talk it's convincing/assertive.
3 - No, I am not talkative but whenever needed I speak thoughtfully without hurting others.
22) Do your veins & tendons (muscle endings) all over the body are clearly visible?
1 - Yes, my veins & tendons are clearly visible (due to less fat deposition under skin.)
2 - My veins are quite visible (because of delicate skin).
3 - No, my veins and tendons are not visible (due to more fat deposition under skin).
23) Everyday how many times you go for bowel movement?
1 - Sometimes I have constipation and sometimes I need to go for 2-3 times
2 - More than one time but have tendency of loose motions.
3 - Only one time usually in the morning without any problem.
24) Do you have tendency to gain or lose weight easily
1 - Yes, I can easily gain or lose weight./No, I am always underweight even after putting lot of efforts
2 - I always fall in normal category (Medium built); not over or under weight
3 - I am overweight and whatever I do it is difficult to lose weight
25) Do you keep changing your food habits from time to time?
1 - Yes, my food habits change time to time.
2 - No, I don’t like to change my food habits. I am very particular.
3 - I am not really choosy. I am happy with whatever I get.
26) How will you rate your physical stamina and endurance
1 - I have low stamina and get tired easily.
2 - I have moderate stamina and endurance which help me to finish my task in time.
3 - I have excellent stamina and good endurance.
27) Do you make friends easily & also lose them easily?
1 - Yes, I make friends easily but do not get close to them.
2 - I am very particular in choosing who are compatible with me.
3 - I cannot make friends easily but once made the friendship will be long lasting.
28) Do you learn new things quickly and continue to work on the same in long run?
1 - Yes, I learn new things very fast but loose interest soon.
2 - I am moderate in learning new things and choose to work on few of them depending on my priorities.
3 - I usually take extra time to learn new things but once I learn I will continue to work till the end / will try to master it.
29) Is your long term memory weak? (eg. you can remember only few names of your friends at your primary school, any special dates or incidences).
1 - Yes, I forget things easily/ I do remember few incidences or dates or very few faces.
2 - I can be very selective and I always remember incidences or dates or faces which have major impact on my life.
3 - I can remember remote incidences with minute details with no hard feelings for anybody or anything.
30) Are you lazy and disinterested in activities like morning walk/ jogging/ swimming or any type of outdoor games?
1 - I am not lazy but I do keep changing the activities.
2 - I am consistent and like to follow specific activites.
3 - Yes, I am lazy and try to avoid outdoor activities as much as possible.
31) Do you prefer hot/warm drinks over cold drinks?
1 - My preference changes with the season.
2 - I always prefer cold drinks over hot drinks.
3 - Yes, I always prefer hot/warm drinks.
32) How you will analyze yourself if you are asked to give a talk on a certain topic?
1 - I talk fast and try to give information on main topic as well as connecting topics.(some times get carried away.)
2 - I will have a firm and impressive talk on the topic.
3 - My talk will be profound but some times people may find it monotonous.
33) Do you often feel stiffness in your body after exercise / travelling?
1 - Yes, I feel stiffness after short travel or exercise.
2 - No, I don’t feel stiffness in my body after excercise or travelling.
3 - Yes, I do get stiffness along with swelling on face/feet possibly because of long travel in AC or due to restricted movement of body.
34) How will you address the challenging situations in your life?
1 - I give panic response and quickly react to it.
2 - I get agitated and my reaction will be extreme.
3 - I keep calm; sometimes I will ignore the situation or sometimes I will do thorough analysis and will act accordingly.
35) How will you characterize your skin?
1 - Most often my skin is dry / rough.
2 - In summer my skin becomes red with burning sensation.
3 - Most of the time my skin is oily and is prone to fungal infections which causes itching.
36) Do you have cracks on the body especially on the heels and fingertips?
1 - Yes, I always have cracks on heels and figure tips.
2 - The summer heat will cause scaling of my palm and heels.
3 - No, I never find cracks on my heels and finger tips.
37) Given a chance which hobbies will you chose?
1 - Travelling especially natural places and trekking.
1 - Music, Dance especially classical forms.
3 - Reading, research work.
38) How will you describe yourself?
1 - I can easily get attached as well detached from a subject or a person.
2 - I am brave, loyal and always try hard to win.
3 - I am humble, forgive easily and respect others.
39) From following options to which group of animals you can relate yourself?
1 - Rabbit, Goat, Crow, Dog
2 - Tiger, Cat, Monkey, Owl
3 - Elephant, Lion, Bull, Swan
40) Apart from the above questions would you like to speak or add any further? Please feel free!
41) Please sign/write your name with date
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service