Youth Climate Fellow Application
As part of the City of Portland’s Climate Emergency Declaration, and in response to youth demands, The Youth Climate Action (YCA) Summit will center, connect and amplify the voices of young, frontline communities that are fighting for climate justice in the Portland Metro area.
Since those that are most impacted by the problem, are the also ones that know the problem best, the YCA Symposium will be a forum for primarily young Black, Indigenous, and people of color to convene across organizational boundaries in order to share their work with others, create strong relationships, and get them involved in community-based climate action.
*Please note: the Youth Climate Action Summit will be a virtual conference due to COVID-19. The summit is sponsored by the City of Portland.
- 10-12 members of the youth steering committee will help dream up, design and execute the agenda and programming for the Youth Climate Action Summit
- From August to November, we will have virtual meetings on the first and third Saturday of each month from 3-5 PM (this can be rescheduled if needed by the youth steering committee).
- Please hold Saturday, August 8th from 3-5 pm as our first meeting.
- Please hold December 5th for the Summit (this date is flexible, and can be changed if needed).
- Between that ages of 13-24
- Live, work or play in the City of Portland
- A passion for climate and racial justice
- Experience or familiarity with the climate justice movement
- Can commit to attending all meetings and investing between 2-5 hours each month
- This is a volunteer position, we will provide a stipend of $180 to cover your work during meetings; please note that we are still figuring out how to disperse stipends, so they may not be immediately available.
- A skills-building opportunity! Get direct hands-on organizing and event planning experience
- Connect with other young people across the Portland metro region that are committed to climate justice
- The chance to host the first-ever Youth Climate Action Summit in Portland!
--> Apply by August 14th at midnight. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to Isabela Villarreal at
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Portland State University.