The WVRCA training focuses on providing individuals with the skills needed to guide, mentor and support anyone who would like to enter into or sustain long-term recovery from an addiction to alcohol and other drugs, mental illness and/or trauma. The WVRCA prepares participants by helping them actively listen, ask appropriate questions and discover ways to manage their own issues while providing resources.
After completing this class, students are then required to complete 16 clinical training hours to help our local recovery community. Once all requirements are completed, students receive three third-party college credits from Blue Ridge Community and Technical College.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Describe the role of the Recovery Coach and functions
• List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
• Build skills to enhance relationships
• Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
• Discover attitudes about self-disclosure and sharing your story
• Understand the stages of recovery
• Describe the stages of change and their applications
• Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
• Address ethical and boundary issues
• Experience recovery wellness planning
• Practice newly acquired skills
This training is for anyone who is interested in becoming a Recovery Coach. This training utilizes a dynamic approach to learning that blends both process and content.
Each student will receive the following with the completion of this course:
*CCAR RCA certificate
*Three college credits from Blue Ridge Community and Technical College
*Membership to your local West Virginia Recovery Coach Association
*Life Coach Certificate
You must attend each day's training in its entirety.
This training is approved for 33.7 contact hours in nursing CEs (Provider #WV1998-0231RN).
4/22 - 4/25:House of Worship200 South Kanawha StreetBeckley, WV 25801