Homeless in Marin Survey - Marin Housing Solutions
Your participation in this survey is crucial to Marin Housing Solutions for the identification of the need for fair and affordable housing and development of new housing solutions in Marin County. It should only take 4 to 5 minutes to complete the survey and your participation is anonymous. You will not be asked for any personal information that could reveal your identity. Thank you for assisting us.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
1. Do you work in Marin?
2. Have you ever had housing in Marin?
2b. If yes, when was the last time you had permanent residence or shelter?
3. Is this the first time you have been without shelter?
4. What contributing factors have led you to be without shelter? Select all that apply.
Loss of job/hours reduced
Loss of family
Loss of roommates
Suffered an accident - housing was no longer accessible
Rent increased more than I could pay
Landlord no longer accepts Section 8
Landlord no longer accepts pets
Landlord refused to renew my lease
Evicted because I was behind on rent
Evicted because of apartment rules
Evicted because of other reason
Personal reasons/relationship reasons
Recent criminal activity
5. Have you applied for housing since you lost your permanent residence or shelter?
No (skip to question 7)
6. When you looked for housing , did you feel you were denied based on any of the following? Select all that apply.
Income too low
Lack of references
I have Section 8/Housing Choice voucher
Landlord didn’t accept the type of income I earn (social security or disability benefit)
My race/ethnicity or partner’s race/ethnicity
I have children
Size of my family/household; too many people
My immigration status
The language I speak
Landlord didn’t allow pets
Landlord did not accept service animal/assistance animal/therapeutic animal
Other renter/applicant willing to pay more for rent
I didn’t get my rental application in fast enough
Lack of stable housing record
Because I am homeless
6.a Please specify the place(s) where you were denied housing.
7. When you looked for housing in Marin County, did you ever feel you were discriminated against?
No (skip to question 8)
7.a If yes, what was the reason you felt discriminated against?
7.b What did you do about the discrimination? Select all that apply.
Nothing—I wasn’t sure what to do
Nothing—I was afraid of being evicted/harassed
Moved/found another place to live
Called/emailed housing authority
Called/emailed fair housing organization
Called/emailed government agency/city council
Called/emailed a lawyer
Called /emailed other organization
Filed a complaint
8. If you felt you or someone you knew were discriminated against when looking for housing, what would you do? Select all that apply.
Look for help on the Internet
Contact a friend or family member I trust for advice
Contact a lawyer/Legal Aid/ACLU
Contact a Fair Housing Organization
Contact a Civil Rights group
Contact a Human Rights group
Contact city/county government/elected officials
Contact housing authority
9. Where do you sleep at night?
Staying in a shelter or transitional housing
Staying with friends or family
I am without shelter, experiencing homelessness
Staying in a motel/hotel
10. Do you utilize any of the following community services? Select all that apply.
Rental & Housing Assitance
Job Search & Training Support
Education & Training
Income & Budget Planning
Legal & Immigration Services
County Medical Services Program (CMSP)
Community Health Clinics
11. Do you have any children, under the age of 18, with you?
12. If yes, how many?
13. What is your current marital status?
14. What is your gender?
15. In what year were you born?
16. Of which racial, ethnic or cultural group do you consider yourself a member? Check all that apply.
American Indian/Native American
Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
17. Into what category does your total household income fall?
Less than $5,000
$5,000 up to $9,999
$10,000 up to $14,999
$15,000 up to $19,999
$20,000 up to $24,999
$25,000 up to $34,999
$35,000 up to $49,999
$50,000 up to $74,999
$75,000 up to $99,999
$100,000 up to $149,999
$150,000 or more
18. Other than employment, do you receive any of the following? Select all that apply.
19. What suggestions do you have to make housing in Marin County more available?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service