Empower SCI: Participant Application - New York
3 Goals for Attending our Summer Programs is a requirement for the application. Please consider carefully prior to filling in application.
Please complete the application and submit along with the non-refundable application fee. Applications will not be processed until the fee has been received.
Participants are accepted on a rolling basis.
Applications are accepted until the program is full.
Returning participant application timeline is outlined below.
If accepted into the program, a physician referral form will be provided to you.
**Program Dates - New York**
July 12 to 25, 2020
**Application Timeline - New York**
Applications open January 1
Applications submitted by March 1 will be notified of status (acceptance vs. waitlist) by April 1
Applications submitted by April 1 will be notified of status (acceptance vs. waitlist) by May 7
Applications submitted by May 7 will be notified of status (acceptance vs. waitlist) by June 1
Final deadline for applications is May 7
Returning participants will be notified of status by June 1
Final decisions of participant list made by June 1
Final scholarship decisions made by June 1
If you are placed on the waitlist, you may not be notified of final decision until June 1
Opportunities may arise up until the start of the program due to unforeseen circumstances
Physician Referral Form for those accepted to the program due by July 1
**Fees and Program Costs - New York**
Non-refundable Application Fee: $25
Program Cost: $2750
- A non-refundable deposit of $800 is due within two weeks of acceptance into the program.
- The remaining program cost is due upon arrival to the program in July.
- Checks may be paid to "Empower Spinal Cord Injury, Inc." and mailed to: Empower SCI, P.O. Box 8631, Boston, MA 02114
- PayPal Account: Empower Spinal Cord Injury, Inc.
- Empower SCI Payment Platform (
- Scholarships are highly competitive at Empower SCI and we cannot promise financial assistance. If you are applying for a scholarship, we encourage you to pursue alternate funding opportunities while awaiting a scholarship decision.
- One option that Empower SCI recommends is Help Hope Live - Medical Fundraising Nonprofit which offers fundraising support via an online platform (
**Transportation - New York**
- Please note that if you are traveling by airplane to the program, we will provide transportation from the local airport (in New York; Long Island-MacArthur Airport (ISP)).
- If traveling to any other airport, transportation will need to be arranged by the participant for arrival at the Stony Brook University campus.
- If this is your first time traveling by airplane since your injury, we highly recommend that you are accompanied by a caregiver for the flight to and from the program. Please account for this expense with any fundraising efforts.
Please provide an email address for the person who will be attending the program.
Page 1 of 20
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Empower Spinal Cord Injury.