Formulario sin título
1) Which of the following maximes belong to the cooperative principle
The quantity maxime
The relevant maxime
The quantity maxime
The order manner.
2) Politness implies
A)Reforming a face- saving act
B) having strong social power
Some of the strategies used to “hold the floor” in a conversation are:
1) Placing pauses at points where the message is incomplete
2) Filling pauses with a hesitation maker
3) Placing pauses at the end of a completed syntactic structure.
4) Using connectors to make sentences run on.
a) 1, 2 ,3 are correct
b) 1,3,4 are correct
c) 1,2,4, are correct
d) 1,3,4 are correct
4) When we use presupositions:
a) we design our living message from a large scale of assumptions that our listenersalready know
b) we design our living message from information that our listeners don not know
c) we design our living message from assumptions that our listeners may o may not know
d) None of them.
a) Is not a process which is restricted to understand odd texts ( coherence)
b) The knowledge structure which is our memory .
c) It is not important at all for a good interpretatition of what we hear.
Ture or False.
1) Hedges can be defined as words or phrases used to indicate that we are not sure of what we are saying is suffiently correct or not.ón 1
2) The concept of “ Speech act” is related to that of the functions of language.
3) By the name of anaphora a speaker or writer refers back to an already mentioned referent .
4) Speaker can mark their turns as complete by placing pauses at points where the message is incomplete.
5) We do not need any other information to interpret a sentence; it is enough with the info given.
1) Do you think that PRAGMATICS is more related to literal or to cultural meaning? Why?
2) What is the difference between linguistic context and physical context ?
3) Can you point out any distinction between deixis and reference?
4) What linguistic devises are used to interpret discourse? Explain how each of them contribute to discourse meaning
5) Does INFERENCE depend more on the listener ability to recognise what we mean ? or doesit depend on the listener`s knowledge of the words we use?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service