California COVID-19 Archive Call for Submissions
COVID-19 has become a global pandemic and the State of California is taking proactive measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Government entities, hospitals, and countless others are working hard to keep their staff and the public safe while still providing critical services. During these challenging times, schools have closed and moved online, tens of thousands have lost their jobs, health care professionals are working around the clock, and statewide stay at home orders have been put in place to protect those who are most vulnerable.
The California State Archives is leading the California COVID-19 Archive, which documents the stories and experiences of Californians during these challenging and uncertain times. We invite you to share your story and experience here. Your submission will serve as an important contribution to this community memory project and will be a critical primary source so that future generations can better understand how the COVID-19 pandemic impacted Californians. Your submission can become a part of the State Archives’ historical collections and may be featured in our online California COVID-19 Archive collection webpage.
For questions, please contact:
3. Age Group
4. What was your employment status before the pandemic started?
Small Business Owner
Small Business Employee
Private Sector Employee
Stay at Home Parent
5. How are you navigating work and family needs?
6. Has your place of work reduced hours, or been forced to close?
7. What steps have your family taken to prevent further spread of the virus?
8. What has been the biggest challenge for you during the pandemic?
9. What are your thoughts on how state leadership has responded to the virus?
10. If you are a business owner, what are your thoughts about how your business has been affected?
11. If you work in the medical field, do you feel that this has impacted the way you and your family have responded to the virus?
Agreement and Conditions
By clicking the "SUBMIT" button, you agree to the following:
1. Gift: You agree that your submission (hereinafter “submission” or “records/items”) is an unrestricted gift to the California State Archives, a division of the California Secretary of State’s Office and is offered without limiting conditions, to be used in any manner that is deemed appropriate by the California State Archives.
2. Use of Gift/Submission: Your submission may be used as part of a California State Archives project that collects stories and experiences from Californians that seeks to provide a picture of what it was like to experience the COVID-19 pandemic. Submissions will be reviewed to ensure that Terms and Conditions are met. Submissions that are submitted blank or with language violating the Terms and Conditions may not be retained. Only a limited number of submissions will be posted in a California State Archives digital or print exhibition. Online or print publication will represent a variety of locations and backgrounds in California, providing a picture of what it was like to experience the COVID-19 pandemic. Your submission may be used in whole or in part. Submissions may be sampled or excerpts used due to length or character limitations in exhibitions. The acceptance of your gift by the California State Archives does not imply or guarantee that it will be on permanent or temporary display in the California State Archives, website, or related venues. The California State Archives does not warrant that it will maintain and/or preserve the records/items submitted. The California State Archives may destroy records/items that do not have archival value or as it otherwise deems it appropriate. In no event shall the California State Archives, be liable for the destruction of, or damage or injury to, such records/items.
3. Irrevocable License: Upon submission of this form to the California State Archives, you agree to grant the California State Archives a perpetual, irrevocable, and nonexclusive right to use your submission and all attached or subsequently submitted content, including any images, photographs, video, sounds and all materials, data or information for the purposes identified in this Agreement.
4. Warranties: You represent and warrant that you exclusively own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to submit the records/items and that the records/items do not and will not infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, moral right, right of publicity, right of privacy, or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty. You also represent that the submission is not for any harassing purpose or in any way that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, racist or in a manner intended to incite hatred on grounds of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation.
5. Privacy: We are committed to promoting and protecting your privacy rights as follows:
We are collecting personal information from individuals only as allowed by law. We limit the collection of personal information to what is relevant and necessary to accomplish a lawful purpose of the California Secretary of State’s Office. For the purposes of this form/submission, we need to know your name, address, phone number, and email address for purposes or entering into an agreement with you and to identify you and to contact you with any questions. Personal information, as defined in the Information Practices Act, is information that identifies or describes an individual including, but not limited to, name, Social Security number, physical description, home address, home telephone number, education, financial matters, and medical or employment history.
6. Indemnification: In no event shall the State Archives be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, or punitive damages in connection with its use of the records/items submitted. Additionally, you acknowledge that the State Archives is not liable for damages arising out of a failure to comply with your representations, set forth in item 4 above, and agree to indemnify the California State Archives if it incurs any such damages due to its use of the submission.
Please check the box below to agree with the Terms and Conditions Above
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service