By filling out this form, you are applying to both the Fall 2016 DeCal and the mentorship program, which continues into Spring 2017. You must be able to commit a full year of service as a mentor. You will receive 2 units in both the Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 semesters.
As a participant in this program, you will participate in all of the following activities:
- Fall 2016 DeCal, including 1.5 hours of class per week, short readings and journal responses due once a week
- Attendance at weekly mentorship sessions throughout the year at REALM Charter Middle School
- Form a personal and professional bond with one or more female eighth grade REALM mentees
- With guidance from the 100 Strong Board, guide mentees in developing and implementing a community/personal project of their choosing
- Attend and help facilitate a day-long leadership camp for mentees on the UC Berkeley campus
- Respond promptly to email inquiries or board member e-mails
- Submit periodic feedback regarding your mentoring sessions to the 100 Strong Board
- Submit project summary/deliverables at the end of each semester
Please read more about our DeCal here before applying: http://www.decal.org/courses/4106
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH AT 11:59 PM.