PAT Committee Interest
Much of the union’s work is accomplished by PAT members serving on committees, benefiting all our colleagues and every Portland student. We would love to have you join us on a committee that interests you!
Please indicate which committees you are interested in joining or learning more about. We will put you on the email list so you know what is coming up and how to get involved.
Your Personal Email
• Social Justice and Community Outreach Committee members strengthen ties with other labor and community organizations and conduct open forums on topics like Special Education, Immigration Rights and Climate Justice.
• The Racial Equity Committee is comprised of educators of color whose goal is to build organizational capacity within PAT to honor, acknowledge and center the lived experiences and stories of educators, along with students of color, within our union and inside PPS.
• The Substitute Teacher Committee discusses best practice for substitute teachers and supports the bargaining team. Their work, along with our collective efforts, helped PAT win the strongest Substitute Teacher contract in Oregon.
• The Membership Committee offers workshops to help PAT members with issues such as student loan forgiveness, retirement planning, and interview skills for the transfer process. It also plans member activities such as the annual PAT “Party in the Park” and Retiree Reception.
• The Instructional and Professional Development Committee meets with PPS leadership monthly to advocate for better district-wide programs for all PAT members.
• The Legislative Committee works to support local legislation, elected leaders, and candidates for elected office who share our values, so that educators can influence our government to recognize the needs of our students and our profession.
• The Bargaining Committee support the Bargaining Team. including helping to develop, research, and vet bargaining proposals.
Which committees are you interested in? We will put you on the mailing list!
Instruction and Professional Development
Racial Equity (this committee is open to members of color)
Social Justice and Community Outreach
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service