All placements take place at our Edinburgh office at Tweeddale Court, 14 High Street, Edinburgh.
Placements are usually for 15 working hours per week (days can be negotiated).
In order to support a broad range of candidates, we may offer travel and substitute support.
To apply, fill in the form below and include:
* Any relevant experience you already have - please include links to any published work examples/blogs/articles
* Relevant skills (photoshop, media publishing skills, multi-media etc)
* What you would like to get out of your experience at The List
Due to the high volume of applicants, not all candidates will be offered interviews or detailed feedback after application.
The List offers work experience that can cover the following areas:
* Editorial - image sourcing, researching stories, fact checking, creating online editorial
* Research - uploading listings, digital production tasks, assisting with social media
* Marketing & Sales - assisting with digital ad serving
* Design and Production - pulling together copy for newsletters, assisting with layout
* Events Management - assisting with set up of events
* Promotions & Sponsorship - researching potential clients, proofing and uploading offers
* Accounts - processing articles, invoicing payments
When can I apply?
Our programme runs from September to June but you can apply for a work placement with The List at any time throughout the year. Placements at The List are very popular, and there is an especially high demand for dates coinciding with University holidays. Early applications and flexible availability where possible are beneficial.
Our Summer Festival Placement Programme runs from Jul-Aug. This programme is on a full-time basis and suited to those who have had previous specific experience in the areas mentioned above and have worked in a busy office environment.
**PLEASE NOTE: We cannot guarantee feedback on all applications. We keep all applications on file so you may be contacted later in the year.**