Therefore, I pledge to do everything in my power to support these five policies before the 2018 legislative session comes to an end July 31st.
1. 50% renewable energy by 2030 with no less than a 3% increase in our RPS.*
2. Give equitable access of solar power to environmental justice communities.
3. Codify environmental justice into law.
4. No subsidies for gas pipelines and reform our DPU to ensure new fossil fuel infrastructure is evaluated for climate change and community impacts.
5. Create a detailed plan for achieving our 80% global warming pollution reductions by 2050.
*Initial bill, as filed, called for 2% increase, but sponsor Rep. Kay Khan supports boosting to 3%