CoBA Beach Cleanup Oceanside Pier
Thank you for your interest to sign up for the Beach Cleanup! CSUSM is proud to be a part of the coastal community and we must protect our ocean and waterways. Today, plastic has been found in 62% of all seabirds and 100% of sea turtle species. It's up to us to protect and conserve the beautiful world we live in!
Date: Saturday, Nov 2, 2019
Time: 10am-12pm (noon)
Location: The south side of Oceanside Pier on the sand (look for the picnic tables)
All trash will be weighed after it is collected. All you need to bring is yourself, but we ask that you bring your own work gloves and a bucket to collect trash to prevent further plastic waste.
Safety is a huge priority! We want to make sure that you are working safe. Please confirm the following guidelines:
1. Wear gloves when collecting trash! Trash is dirty, but can also be dangerous. We will provide plastic gloves but it is better if you bring your own gardening or work gloves to protect your hands especially if you find any broken glass. *If used needles or syringes are found, report it immediately so we can dispose of it carefully in a closed lid container*
2. Work in pairs or small groups to cover a lot of ground and stay safe. Buddy up!
3. Stay hydrated! We will provide single-use water bottles, but please bring your own reusable water bottle to reduce waste.
4. Watch for safety hazards, such as rocky areas, tides, poisonous plants, roads & vehicles, power lines, etc. Don't climb anything or go anywhere off-limits Please exercise caution and if in doubt, back away.
5. If you encounter any dead or injured wildlife, do not interact.
Location: South side of the Oceanside Pier
Do you agree to follow the safety guidelines as outlined above?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of CSU San Marcos.