Health Meets Tech Hackathon 2019
Every day, approximately 830 women die from preventable causes related to pregnancy and childbirth. 99% of all maternal deaths occur in developing countries. Nigeria contributes about 10% of global burden of maternal deaths.
Most maternal deaths are preventable, as the health-care solutions to prevent or manage complications are well known. All women need access to antenatal care in pregnancy, skilled care during childbirth, and care and support in the weeks after childbirth.
The EpiAFRIC Health Meets Tech (HMT) Platform is committed to forging partnerships and growing a community of Health professionals and Tech experts who are keen on applying technology in African healthcare industry. Through our Hackathons and Bi Annual Meetups, The HMT platform has seen the emergence of collaborations and connections between health practitioners and the tech gurus which has given rise to a vibrant “home-made” Health-Tech Community.
In line with this mission, EpiAFRIC is organizing a hackathon specifically focused on developing innovation solutions geared towards the following themes to improve maternal health:
• Increasing Access to Maternal Healthcare
• Managing Non-Communicable Diseases in pregnancy
• Antenatal clinic attendance
• Improving facility-based delivery
• Prevention of maternal death.
• Capacity building
• Access i.e. mapping health facilities and their opening times
• Quality assurance i.e. collating patient reviews so that people can get quality service
• Emergency i.e. creating mobile rapid response platforms for health emergency and a curated network of clinics qualified to deliver maternal health services
Theme: Maternal Health
Date: 20th - 22nd Sept 2019 . Venue - Abuja
Do you have an existing Team
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service