The Institute for African Women in Law is a non-profit, non-governmental organization located in Washington, DC. Our vision is to build a network of women legal professionals dedicated to using the law as a tool for societal change and development. We are committed to supporting the formidable works of women in law across the continent of Africa and the Diaspora. Our mission is to be a focal point for addressing issues across the legal and judicial professions. Our four focal areas of work are Research, Training, Mentoring, and Advocacy.
As an intern, you will gain valuable experience working closely with our staff in designing and coordinating our programs. Please fill out the information below and email it to the address at the bottom of this form. We look forward to reviewing your application and hopefully working with you.
REQUIREMENTS AND DUTIES
• Interns should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and the ability to manage social media. Working knowledge of conducting basic internet research is required.
• Internships typically last for a semester and can be renewed based on an assessment of your performance. Interns are typically required to devote between 10-15 hours a week, and this can vary depending on the programs we are planning.
• Internship work is done remotely under the supervision of the Internship Coordinator.
• Interns are required to keep a weekly log of their work.
• Internships are non-paid.
• At the end of the internship period, you would learn many skills, including, but not limited to:
• Writing, reviewing and editing blog entries
• Developing, designing, and evaluating programs.
• Managing social media outreach.
• Recruiting members and building a membership database.
• Gaining insights into the working lives of women in law.
• Opportunities for future networking with our clients.
Phone Number (add your country code)
Current place of work or study
Year of study (if in college) or position at the workplace (if working)
Summarize your work experience and skills below
What do you hope to gain from this internship?
How do you plan to contribute to our mission and vision?
Name, phone number and email addresses of two referees
I understand that this internship is unpaid.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Institute for African Women in Law.