Reptile Database User Survey
Please help the Reptile Database to serve you better by filling out this survey (<5 min). Given our very limited budget you can help us to set priorities and determine future directions of our site. You can see the results after completing the survey. Thanks!
1. User type
Professional biologist (other than herpetologist)
Hobbyist (reptile pet keeper)
2. How often to you use the database?
At least once a week
At least once a month
Less than once a month
3. What were you looking for at your last visit of the Reptile Database?
Current species name(s)
Literature references (and linked literature)
Life history data, such as diet, habitat, reproduction, behavior etc.
Members of a genus
Higher categories, such as family level taxonomy
4. Which features are the most useful for you?
name search and synonyms
descriptions and diagnoses
lists (of genera, species) for geographic areas or taxonomic groups
literature references and links to online sources
5. Which (yet unavailable) feature(s) would you be most interested in?
life history data
species identification tool
character tables (for species comparisons)
5.1 I would be interested in additional links to other databases, e.g.
Phylogenetic trees (e.g. TreeBase)
6. Would you be willing to pay for the Reptile Database if it included additional features?
only if it included access to an online library of papers
only if a subscription included a download/desktop version
6.1 What additional feature(s) would you be willing to pay for?
6.2 If yes, how much would that be?
$5 per year
$10 per year
$20 per year
$50 per year
7. Would you be interested in a mobile app of the Reptile Database?
Yes, If it included a species ID tool for the field
7.1 If you are interested in a mobile app - Which OS?
8. Would you be interested in more frequent Newsletters, or other services?
yes, ideally daily updates
yes, ideally weekly updates
yes, ideally monthly updates
yes, I would like to have Twitter feeds
9. Which sources do you consider as the definitive source of taxonomic information on reptiles?
The Reptile Database
peer reviewed journal articles
Websites or books (see the next question)
9.1 Which websites?
9.2 Which books?
Comments, suggestions, and questions?
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service