Level test for application to our advanced classes
Hi there! This is the first step of the application process to join either our Conversation Class or Book Lab.
READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU BEGIN
> You should not spend more than 10 minutes on this test (and don't use resources such as the internet or a dictionary!)
> Once you finish the test, you will receive an email from us with further instructions. Please allow time for us to send you the email. It is not an automated email and will be sent by a human!
> If you are a current EDA student, you do not need to complete the application form. Just send Kerin an email and let her know which course you would like to do
How to do the test:
For each question below, choose the best sentence to complete the conversation.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Your country and first language
1. Could you tell me your surname?
Would you like me to spell it?
Do you like my family name?
How do I say that?
2. This plant looks dead.
It's in the garden.
It only needs some water.
3. I hope it doesn't rain.
Of course not.
Will it be wet?
So do I.
4. Are you going to come inside soon?
In a minute.
5. Who gave you this book, Lucy?
I bought it.
For my birthday.
My uncle was.
6. Shall we go out for pizza tonight?
I know that.
It's very good.
I'm too tired.
7. Do you mind if I come too?
I'd like to.
I don't know if I can.
8. There's someone at the door.
Can I help you?
Well, go and answer it then.
He's busy at the moment.
9. How much butter do I need for this cake?
I'd like one.
I'll use some.
I'm not sure.
10. How long are you here for?
Since last week.
Ten days ago.
11. Have you guys had enough to eat?
That's all right.
Is there any more rice?
It's not the right time.
12. That's my coat over there.
Will you take it off?
No, you haven't!
Here you are.
13. Let's go by bus.
The train was expensive.
We'll buy a ticket.
It'll take too long.
14. Do you know my brother Charlie?
Sorry, he's not here.
I don't think I do.
15. Would you like some ice in your drink or not?
I hope so.
Yes, I shall.
I don't mind.
16. I hope I haven't ...... you any trouble by changing the arrangements.
17. The floor is wet: don't run or you might ...... !
18. Had there been more time I ..... better.
would have done
19. Paul arrived at the shop ....... as the manager was closing for the day.
20. I would ...... to stay at home and relax for a change.
21. Is there ...... of food for everyone?
22. Lily says she's happy at school but she's ...... complaining.
23. ...... the step when you go in.
24. ...... stay the night if it's too difficult to get home.
At all costs
By all means
On the whole
25. No ...... Hannah is happy when you think how many prizes she has won recently.
Thank you for completing the test. Please choose the course(s) you are interested in
Advanced conversation class
Book-Lab (B2+ C1 and C2) Bridget Jones's Diary
Book-Lab (C1 and C2) The Black House
Book-Lab (B1 and B2) Slumdog Millionaire
If you are interested in conversation class, which topics are you interested in:
General, daily topics
Global and Social issues
Design and Art
Which time slots are you interested in? (All times are CET Rome time)
How old are you?
What would you like to ask us?
Do you want to receive the English Digital Academy newsletter?
Yes please! I consent to receive newsletters from English Digital Academy.
I'm already on the mailing list
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service