1. ASSUMPTION OF RISK
Indemnification Agreement - Medical Release
I understand and agree that Magic Day of Giving is a service project scheduled to take place on September 13, 2019 and that my participation in Magic Day of Giving involves certain risks and that, regardless of the precautions taken by the Magic Day of Giving planning committee, some bodily injuries may occur.
Specific risks/hazards involved in Magic Day of Giving include but are not limited to the following:
1. Traveling to, from, and performing service projects at various sites in and around the Minot area.
2. The use of small equipment, hand tools, or basic chemicals (paint, cleaning supplies, etc.).
3. Basic gardening tasks such as pulling weeds, trimming bushes, clearing debris, and tilling.
4. Activities involving moderate physical exertion such as shoveling, sweeping, scrubbing, raking, etc.
5. Use of ladders where needed to complete a project will be used.
The likelihood of such injuries may be reduced by adhering to safety rules or procedures, which include but are not limited to the following:
1. Staying with your group at all times.
2. Abstaining from the use of power tools or large equipment.
3. Follow the instructions given by the Magic Day of Giving planning committee.
4. Promptly notify the Magic Day of Giving planning committee at headquarters of any dangerous or potentially dangerous condition of which you become aware during the event, including tasks that you feel you are unable to perform safely for any reason.
Knowing this information and in consideration of my participation in Magic Day of Giving, I expressly and knowingly release the Magic Day of Giving planning committee and its associated organizations from any and all claims and causes of action for property damage, personal injury, or death sustained by me arising out of any travel or activity conducted by or under the auspices of Magic Day of Giving caused by risks associated with this activity and/or the negligence of any of the released persons and/or entities.
In addition, I understand and agree that Magic Day of Giving cannot be expected to control all risks articulated in this form but may need to respond to accidents and potential emergency situations. Therefore, I hereby give my consent for any medical treatment that may be required during my participation with understanding that the cost of any such treatment will be my responsibility. Neither the Magic Day of Giving planning committee nor its associated organizations carry medical or accident insurance for the activities mentioned unless the participants are informed otherwise. As such, participants, should review their personal insurance portfolio.
Finally, I voluntarily and knowingly agree to protect, hold harmless, and indemnify Magic Day of Giving, its planning committee, or its associated organizations against all claims, demands, or causes of action for property damage, personal injury, or death, including claims bases in negligence and including defense costs and attorney's fees arising out of my participation in Magic Day of Giving.
I allow all photographs taken on September 13, 2019 during Magic Day of Giving activities, which I may be pictured in, to be used in any advertising or promotional materials for Magic Day of Giving at any time.
By typing my name below, I certify that I have read the above agreement and have a full understanding of its purpose. Participants represent that he/she is eighteen (18) years of age or older and is otherwise competent to execute this agreement or that his/her legal guardian is also signing.
Name of Magic Day of Giving Team
Parent/Guardian of Participant if under the age of 18
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of StrengthenND.