2017-2018 School Year
For students who don't qualify for regular transportation services per Board Policy JFBA
Please read the information below carefully
Application Process and Timeline
* All requests are processed first-come, first-served and are based on the space available on existing routes. (Note: Students will only be assigned to existing bus stops and routes; buses will not be re-routed to accommodate requests.)
* Transportation Services will accept applications beginning June 1, 2017, for the 2017-2018 school year.
* Submit a separate application for each student. Remember to sign and date the application as unsigned applications cannot be accepted.
* Transportation Services will review applications in the order they are received. Once the application has been reviewed, the parent will be contacted at the phone number provided below. Staff Members appreciate your patience as there may be many applications to process, and they process them as quickly as possible. You may check your students portal account to see if the student has been assigned to a bus before receiving a call from Transportation, click on your students name and if they have been assigned a bus, the bus stop time and location information will appear.
* State law does not allow students to ride a bus until their application is approved and the student is assigned to a specific bus route. Colorado Code of Regulations, 1-301-26, 4204-R-222.01 Authorized Passengers. "No one except school personnel and students regularly assigned to a school transportation vehicle for a particular route and schedule may ride in such vehicle, unless he or she has received prior authorization from the appropriate district/service provider administrator or designee."
* Transportation Services cannot assign students to a bus that would exceed bus capacity. Littleton Public Schools determines bus capacity based on age group and size of bus.
* The Space-Available Transportation Application is good for one school year. Parents must submit a new application each year.