Crowds of over 35,000, have enjoyed this free 3 day festival, which is situated along the banks of Bayou St. John, and has grown to become a favorite among local and regional spectators alike.
We are now accepting vendor applications for both the marketplace and the art market.
The Market Place is a retail space situated between the 2 Main Stages. Vendors are expected to sell all 3 days. Unlike the art market, marketplace vendors may carry imported and non-handmade goods.T-shirts, however, are not allowed.
• Marketplace Booth Fee: Spaces begin at $1300.
THE ART MARKET:
The art market will only accept arts and crafts media and disciplines that feature unique and original handmade works. All work in this category must be 100% original and produced by the exhibiting artist. Offset reproductions of applicant’s original art may be sold, but should represent a very small percentage of the total work on display. No imported goods and/or resale items or T-shirts will be accepted. This is an anonymous juried show, and as such, previous participation in similar events does not guarantee acceptance.
• Arts Market Booth Fee: $350 for single artist booths. Booth sharing is allowed for $25 per additional artist. All artists must be listed on this application and each applying artist is required to pay the application fee.
APPLICATION FEE & DEADLINE:
A $20 non-refundable application fee (payable by credit card) is due along with your online application no later than Friday December 15th, 2018. Those accepted will receive notification of acceptance along with a contract, via email, which will detail all the information needed on how to confirm your participation.
1. Read the application in its entirety.2. Complete the online application form including submission of artwork images and booth display.3. Images must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be less than 2MB!3. Remit $20 application fee payable through Paypal link on Bayou Boogaloo website4. Do not remit booth fee prior to notification of your selection and receiving your Bayou Boogaloo Contract
WORK SAMPLE REQUIREMENTS:
Four Digital images are requested as part of your application. Image quality is essential and can make a difference in your acceptance, as the jury has only your digital images with which to judge your work. The best image is one that is full framed with the artist's single work, is well lit, and is representative of the body of work intended for exhibition. Your booth image should show your booth with works as it is set up for exhibition at an outdoor show. (Please be sure these images are close up views)
Images submitted will be added to a Google slideshow to facilitate in the jury process. For those accepted these same images will be showcased online for promotional purposes.
THE MID-CITY BAYOU BOOGALOO FESTIVAL WILL PROVIDE:
1. A 10ft. x 10ft. space 2. 24 hour security from Friday May 18th ,5 pm- Sunday May 20th, 8pm3. Promotion of the Art Market and participating vendors4. One parking space near festival site.
THE ARTIST WILL AGREE TO:
1. Secure a special events occupational license2. Provide your own 10 ft. x 10 ft. pop-up tent, with sides, stakes and weights as well as all necessary display hardware, signage, battery-operated lighting, promotional materials, and transport to the festival site. Generators are NOT allowed. a. Art Market Vendors: Tents must be WHITE. Colored tents are NOT allowed.b. Marketplace Vendors: Tents must be WHITE, with the exception of branded company tents.3. Staff the booth from 4 pm to 8 pm on Friday and 11:00 am until 8:00 pm Saturday and 11:00 am until 7:00 pm Sunday.4. Supply your own 2A:10B:C fire extinguisher with proof of current inspection.5. Provide your tent brand along with fire retardant certification, if necessary6. Submit the contract and payment within a timely fashion7. Give the festival staff notice of any cancellation of participation No later than Friday April 6th for a full refund or by Friday April 20th for a 50% refund. 8. Provide sales report and feedback form to Mothership Foundation at end of festival
Thank you for your interest in our festival and we look forward to a great year!