FCLCA Call for Proposals 2020
FCLCA 2020 CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Theme: "Focus 2020: Creating, Cultivating, and Connecting for Student Success"
Submission Deadline: January 31, 2019 by 5:00 pm
In higher education today, we are encouraged to work together to stay competitive, drive innovation, and leverage resources to meet student academic needs. This exciting and fulfilling work inspires this year's conference theme, " Focus 2020 – Creating, Cultivating, and Connecting for Student Success." We look forward to having conference presenters discuss the work that they do at their institutions to cultivate partnerships and collaborations that serve diverse learners and learning needs. Presentations will provide an opportunity for learning center professionals, faculty, and students from higher education institutions in Florida to share best practices and research related to the enhancement of student learning through meaningful connections and collaborations.
For this year's conference, we invite learning center professionals to select one of two presentation options that would best align with the work they wish to share with conference participants.
1. Featured Presentations: These are 50-minute sessions in which the presenter(s) discuss a topic related to the conference’s theme.
2. Workshops: These are 30-minute sessions in which the presenter(s) focus on smaller topics, involving open discussion, hands-on experiences, and audience participation.
Possible topics of interest may include:
• Interdepartmental collaboration to support student success
• The Learning Commons model: the role of the Library
• Effective ways to collaborate with faculty
• Student engagement through learning center resources
• Building healthy group dynamics among diverse tutoring staffs
• Integrating new technologies into everyday tutoring
• How to effectively utilize a majority student-worker staff
• Leveraging data to garner stakeholder support or inform program development
• Strategies for bringing best practices to scale
• Tutor training practices that are efficient and effective
• Maximizing your learning center’s budget
The deadline to submit a proposal is 5:00 P.M. on Friday, January 31, 2020. Notification of proposal acceptances will be sent by February 14. All conference participants, including those presenting, must pay the conference registration fee ($200 professional / $75 student). The registration deadline for presenters is Monday, March 9, 2020, in order to guarantee inclusion in the conference program.
FCLCA looks forward to hearing about your learning centers’ best practices!
***PLEASE NOTE that proposals will NOT be accepted from vendors (those supporting the conference or for individuals who register to attend the conference from a vendor company). Please see the vendor information tab for more information about levels of sponsorship, including opportunities to address conference attendees.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Florida Atlantic University.