Job Application Trainee Nursery Assistant (Qualified)
Job Description: Trainee Nursery Assistant
Post: Nursery Assistant (Trainee)
Responsible to: Room Leader
The Nursery Assistant will be working as part of a Key Worker team for the daily needs of children between the ages of 5 months and 11 years within the setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the Day Nursery.
2. Help prepare the playroom for the children before they arrive and tidy up the playroom at the end of the session.
3. Assist the leader with planning weekly activity programme for children and their individual needs.
4. Take part and interact with the children during the session.
5. Listen, encourage and stimulate the children to take part in all activities provided.
6. Assist in the preparation of children’s records and reviews for parents in conjunction with other staff.
7. Work alongside parents of special needs children to give full integration in the Nursery.
8. To engage as part of an effective team.
9. Liaise with and support parents and other family members of your Key children.
10. Enforce agreed behaviour management policy- Highscope’s conflict resolution.
11. Undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment and
12. Attend staff meetings and external training events and contribute to forward planning and enhancement of children’s
experience at the Nursery.
13. Actively participate in the annual fundraising events.
14. Keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff learned in the course
of the job.
15. Ensure that all activities and staff in the playroom comply with the child protection and Safeguarding policy.
16. Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure Playtime Day Nursery’s ethos is fulfilled.
Qualities and Experience Required:
Applicants must be over 18 years’ old
QCF /NVQ level III CCLD/ A level in Childcare or equivalent
Experience working with children
Paediatric First Aid
Food Hygiene Level 2
Interest in working with children
A willingness to undertake additional training
Flexible and enthusiastic
Salary and Conditions
Rate of pay:
Full-time Hours: 37.5 Hours per week between
Part-time Hours: Various
Casual: As and When Required
Monday – Friday 7.30am – 6.30pm
Holidays: 20 days per year plus 10 Bank Holidays pro rata
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service