EG QUIZ (Summer 2019)
Try the 2nd annual Ultimate EG Summer Quiz and see how you fare. Spoiler alert: some answers may require a visit to destinations you have never before visited in East Gwillimbury. Who knows? Maybe you’ll come away with a new appreciation for our quirky, elegant, rambling town incorporating kilometres of natural beauty, homes, parks, farms, businesses, schools. Even if you can’t get all the answers, submit your entry anyway (you might still be a contender).
You can either:
• email your answers to
• visit the Bulletin’s website and fill out the answer form (
• mail your answers to the Bulletin’s address shown on page 3
Use the subject line “The Ultimate EG Summer Quiz” and send your answers (only ONE entry per person please) before August 10, 2019 for a chance to win a fabulous prize pack from the East Gwillimbury Bulletin (ONE prize awarded). Entries with the highest scores are entered into the main draw. We’ll also draw ONE name from ALL ENTRIES submitted for a secondary prize - so no matter how many correct answers you get, you will still have a chance to win a great prize!
Correct answers will be printed in the September issue.
EG QUIZ (Summer 2019)
Try the 2nd Annual EG Summer Quiz for a chance to win some great prizes!
1. How many red metal maple leaves are there at Carnaby Park (80 Alvin Pegg Dr)? This park was designed as part of Canada 150 Celebrations.
2. Who was the first East Gwillimbury baby of the year in 1987 (this same baby was also the first baby born in all of York Region in that year)? Name _________________ Hint: you can find this answer in the reference section of the East Gwillimbury Public Library (Holland Landing Branch) in the “East Gwillimbury Connector.”
3. On October 20 and 21, 1987, Park Avenue Public School students participated in a school spelling bee. Fill in the blanks. Winners were: __________ (name) for 4th grade, KOREN HUTCHINSON for the 5th grade and ___________ (name) for the 6th grade, JEREMY NODDIN for the 7th grade and ___________ (name) from the 8th grade. Jeremy and Koren moved on to area finals. Jeremy Noddin won the ________medal for his division. Koren Hutchinson won the _________ medal for her division. Hint: you can find these answers in the reference section of the East Gwillimbury Public Library (Holland Landing Branch) in the “East Gwillimbury Connector.”
Enter your answers here:
4. In the vending machine on the upper level at Real Canadian Superstore, 18120 Yonge St, East Gwillimbury, what is the fourth drink offered (counting from top to bottom)? ______________
5. There is an address on the play equipment at Grist Mill Park (it is the headquarters of the company which makes the equipment). Name the city and state. _____________
6. True or False. There is a phone booth at the Shell gas station at Leslie Street and Green Lane.
7. True or False. Among the animals that came to visit at the East Gwillimbury Easter Bunny Hike (Mount Albert, 2019) was a hedgehog.
8. This will be the ____ year that Harrogate Hills in Holt (Mount Albert) has offered summer camp.
9. At the Subway Restaurant at 19466 Yonge St in Holland Landing, there are four vertical rectangular pictures on the wall: • one with a photo of salad• one with a photo of tomato sauce, garlic, onion and tomato• one with a photo of an apple and cheeseWhat is in the fourth photo? ____________________
10. At the Dry Clean Alterations place at 19466 Yonge St in Holland Landing, how long does the sign in the window say it takes to get pants altered or mended? _______minutes
11. As you walk along the path at Anchor Park, approaching the anchor, you see that a tree was donated by a company with the words:“From our family to yours…We thank you for letting us grow in your community.” What is the name of the company that donated the tree __________________ Also, how many swings are there at Anchor Park? _________
12. At the Stardust Drive-In Movie Theatre entrance, there are four stars beside the sign that reads “Stardust Drive-In Theatre.” The sign is affixed on the silver metal backing of the screen. Three stars are blue, one is ________.
13. What three words are engraved in wood at the bottom of the sign at Brownhill Tract Biking and Hiking Trail (Ravenshoe Rd entrance)? ___________________
14. Where does the EG Skating Club hold their skating lessons in Sharon? ______________
15. If you live on Blazing Star Street in Queensville, where would be your closest bus stop? (name the intersection) ______________ and _________________!
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service