Call for Teacher Mentors: Green Building Program
EcoRise is preparing students to become the next generation of green professionals. Teachers and students will receive access to the LEED® Prep: Green Building Lessons for a Sustainable Future curriculum, as well as professional learning opportunities and year-round support. Teachers and students will also explore green building projects in their school and community.
EcoRise is seeking professionals who can mentor teachers throughout the school year. Teachers deeply appreciate working with mentors – green industry professionals with experience in design, construction, energy, or sustainability – because student learning becomes more authentic.
As a Teacher Mentor, you would:
• Meet a teacher to review short- and long-term goals
• Support a specific school near your home or place of employment (3-5 hours a month)
• Model collaborative design and problem-solving
• Host field trips, arrange for guest speakers, and/or assist with mini-charrettes (approximately 2 per year)
• Advise students and teachers on how to prepare for the LEED Green Associate Exam
• Co-celebrate students’ end-of-year projects within their school or community
If interested in learning more, complete the form below, or contact Gamal Sherif:
. More information about LEED Prep, our green building curriculum, is also available at
Best email address
Best phone/cell number
Regional preference - Part 1
New York City
Regional preference - Part 2; Please indicate the name of metro area or borough that is convenient to your work location.
Are you able to commit to 3-5 hours per month supporting teachers and students in the Green Building Program from September - June?
Maybe (explain below, as needed)
Name of teacher you worked with last year (if applicable)
Would you like to work with the same teacher, or would you like to develop a new mentorship (if applicable)?
I want to work with the same teacher.
I want to develop a new mentorship with another teacher.
I am flexible.
What is the most engaging element of green building that you would like to share with teachers (2-4 sentences)?
Anything else we should know?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of EcoRise Web System.