Canberra Treasure Hunt – Liability Waiver
Please read the Liability Waiver carefully.
By participating in any Canberra Treasure Hunt event or activity you are taken to have agreed to the Liability Waiver
Canberra Treasure Hunt – Liability Waiver
By registering for and/or participating in any Canberra Treasure Hunt event or activity (‘Event’), I acknowledge and agree that:
1. The risk of injury, illness, disability and/or death from the activities involved in the Events is significant including, but not limited to the following: (i) sprains; (ii) strains; (iii) fractures; (iv) burns, cuts and tears; (v) bruises; (vi) heat and cold injuries; (vii) various water-related injuries, including but not limited to drowning; (viii) over-use syndrome; (ix) accidents and/or injuries involving vehicles; (x) animal and/or insect bites and or/stings; (xi) contact with poisonous plants; (xii) accidents and/or injury involving, but not limited to falling, slipping, sliding, running, travel by boat, truck car or other convenience; (xiii) heart attack; (xiv) potential for permanent paralysis and/or death; (xv) illness; (xvi) those risks created by other Event participants; (xvii) I understand that Event activities may be dangerous and could cause bodily harm, injury, or death to myself and/or others and that I am not in any way required to participate, but am choosing to of my own free will; (xviii) those risks due to defects or conditions of or at the Events. While particular rules, equipment and personal discipline may reduce these risks, the risk of death, illness, disability or injury does exist.
2. I knowingly and freely assume and accept all such risks, both known and unknown, and assume full responsibility and all risks of all nature for my participation in any and all events I participate in;
3. I agree to abide by any decision of Canberra Treasure Hunt officials relative to my ability to safely complete Events. I agree that I may be dismissed from participation, without refund, if I endanger the safety or negatively affect an Event or events, a person, a facility or property of any type or kind.
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and/or next of kin, forever waive, release, discharge and covenant not to sue Canberra Treasure Hunt and their owners, affiliates, sponsors, advertisers, volunteers (collectively ‘Releasees’), with respect to any and all injury, disability, illness, incapacity, damages, expenses, death, and/or loss or damage to person or property incurred by me in connection with participation in the Events. I further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Releasees from any loss, liability, cost, claim or damages arising from my participation in or association with any Event.
5. I attest and verify that I am over 18 years of age, am free from all illnesses, injuries and defects that could interfere with my safe participation in Events and that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in all activities associated with Events. My participation in Events is entirely voluntary. I understand and agree that children under the age of 18 are not permitted to participate or accompany me in Events unless a parent or guardian signs a waiver on their behalf and if no signature is obtained I assume full and complete liability and this Agreement extends to such minor’s participation.
6. I consent to administration of first aid and other medical treatment and transportation in the event of any injury or illness and hereby release and indemnify Releasees from any and all liability or claims arising out of such treatment. This release extends to any liability arising out of, or in any way connected with the medical treatment and/or transportation.
7. I understand Canberra Treasure Hunt events are subject to safety considerations and acts of God, which may cause cancellation with limited notice. I understand under no circumstances am I entitled to a refund from Canberra Treasure Hunt for delay, rescheduling, or cancellation.
8. I grant unlimited permission to the Releasees to film and/or photograph my participation in Events and subsequently to utilise that film or photography in whatever manner Releasees deem appropriate.
9. I have read, understand and agree to obey all Rules at
at the time of signature and as may be amended from time to time, and understand and agree that by breaking any of the Rules I may be disqualified from an Event and/or put myself and/or others at risk of accident, injury, damages or even death and I take full and complete responsibility for my actions.
10. I understand and acknowledge that participation in Events will be deemed full agreement to each and every term of this waiver of liability and release.
Please enter your full name (and your legal guardian's full name, if you are under 18 years)
Please enter your e-mail address (or your legal guardian's e-mail address, if you are under 18 years).
What is your team name?
Please check the relevant box
I am at least 18 years of age
I am the legal guardian of this participant.
Do you agree to the Liability Waiver for the participant?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service