Teachers using the Recycling Lesson Plans in their classes may enter a drawing and win $200 for their class. Lesson titles are listed below and the lessons are available online.
* Don't Waste the Moment- research the amount of waste generated in the school cafeteria.
* One Man’s Trash is Another Man’s Treasure- research the cost of waste disposal and possible savings when recycling and composting.
* Waste Not, Want Not- investigate and make decisions about composting.
* Reclaiming and Replacing- investigate what happens when landfills get filled and propose solutions.
* Recycling Investigations with informational text and investigation prompts,
After RCWV Recycling Lesson(s) have been used for instruction and teachers provide the information below, they will be eligible to win one of six (6) $200 gift cards to be used to purchase instructional materials. While all teachers and students are welcome to use the RCWV lesson, only teachers of students who are registered and attending West Virginia schools will be eligible to win gift cards. Teachers may submit one entry for each class lesson. So if a teacher presents the material to five periods or classes and assigns two of the assignments the teacher may submit ten entries (or 5 classes times 2 assignments from the teacher equals 10.) Teachers shall specifically identify the class for which the application is applied, see examples below. Entries must be received by June 15, 2017. All decisions are final, and complete rules can be found on our website at wvrecycles.com.