COVID-19: Moving to Alert Level 3
As you will be aware, New Zealand is moving to COVID-19 Alert Level 3 on Monday 27th April at 11.59pm for two weeks, then being reassessed.
Below is a survey that I need you to fill in so we know which students will NEED to physically return to school next week. Please read the following information very carefully regarding returning to school.
The Government has said that schools will be open from Wednesday 29th April for those that NEED to be at school. Children are asked to stay at home if they can and should be completing the distance learning programme that has been set up by Reporoa School staff during Alert Level 3.
For those that have to attend school due to NOT having an adult at home to look after them because they are working outside the home bubble, school will be set out in the following way to minimise risk for everyone involved and to adhere to Health and Safety Regulations set out by the Ministry of Health. There could be additions to this list as time goes on based on information I receive from the Ministry of Education daily.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IN LEVEL 3 AT SCHOOL?
- No parents/other persons are to enter the school buildings to limit the amount of human contact. For track and trace purposes, if anyone enters the school grounds for any reason they MUST sign in at the office.
- Depending on the amount of children who need to attend school, start times may be staggered to allow social distancing and limit contact.
- Children will remain in one room that is their allocated bubble room for the whole duration of the school day and will be kept with their siblings.
- Children will be allocated a space to sit that is 1m away from anyone else.
- Children will have their own resources to use during the day.
- Children will complete the distance learning programme at school. If a school device has been issued to your child and they return to school, it must be returned and stay at school, otherwise an iPad will be issued (again to remain at school).
- School playgrounds remain closed.
- No toys or school resources will be played with or bought to school.
- Children will have break times different to other children to allow for social distancing.
- Staff will possibly be wearing PPE gear (this will be optional for staff).
- Children/staff will be washing/sanitising their hands regularly.
- Staff will be sanitising areas that have been used by children/adults in their bubble regularly.
- No food will be provided for children. Children are to bring their own named water bottle and morning tea/lunch.
- Children will stay in the same bubble at school for the whole time they attend during Alert Level 3.
- Any child that has any illness and is meant to be attending school is NOT to attend school.
- If a child falls ill or becomes a risk with behaviour, the parent will be called to come and collect them.
- Busses will still run from the 29th April with some possible slight time changes. You will be informed prior.
As children who do NOT have an adult at home during level 3 to look after them can attend school, we will be needing to know which children will be attending so that bubbles for school can be organised with children and staff.
Please fill in the form below to inform me if your child/ren WILL or WILL NOT be attending school in Alert Level 3 so we know everyone's needs. A reminder that all children are asked to stay at home if they can and complete the distance learning programme.
No children are allowed to attend school in Alert Level 3 if they have compromised health or someone in their bubble has compromised health. We do not want to put anyone at risk.
This form is compulsory, I need ALL families to please fill this form out by 12.30pm, Wednesday 24th April. Thank you for your support, co-operation and perseverance during this time.
Ngā mihi nui
Please indicate your intention for schooling:
NO - my child/ren will NOT BE attending school in Alert Level 3
YES - my child/ren will BE attending school in Alert Level 3 due to there being no adult to look after them.
Learning at Home:
My children have a hard pack from the Ministry of Education
My children are engaging in online learning with their teacher using a school device
My children are engaging in online learning with their teacher using their own device
I have not started learning at home and need some assistance
I have read and understand the information outlined above.
NO - please make contact and explain it to me
Do you have any additional information we should be aware of or any questions?
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Reporoa Primary School.