1. Which of the following describes the Gothic style of church architecture?
Stained glass windows and high vaulted ceilings.
Domes and round arches.
Thick walls and a moat.
Flying buttresses and a monastery.
2. Which of the following BEST describes the content of PRAISE OF FOLLY, the first published book that was read throughout Europe?
The folly of Latin as the language of the Roman Catholic Church.
Questioning the practices and value of some of the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
Criticizing the tradition of manners and social etiquette.
Calling for an end to arranged marriages in favor of romantic love.
3. Which of the following describes the teaching of humanists?
People could live moral lives and have a secular lifestyle.
Human reason was the source of truth.
Monasticism was the purest form of living.
A life of faith in God was superior to the pursuit of new ideas.
4. Which of the following is characteristic of Renaissance painting?
Structure and balance.
Perspective and realism.
5. When did the Renaissance occur?
Before the Crusades.
Before the French Revolution.
After the Protestant Reformation.
After the Enlightenment.
6. Why did the Renaissance begin in northern Italy?
Italy was safe from the threat of invasion from the Turks.
Trade with Asia and the Middle East brought wealth to this area.
Gold and silver from the Americas supported a revival of the arts.
The printing press was invented in Venice and published literature.
7. Which of the following is a popular Renaissance writer who wrote about government and how rulers govern effectively?
8. Which of the following led to the expansion of trade among the individual German states?
Council of Constance
Peace of Augsburg
9. What is the most accurate explanation of Scholasticism?
Knowledge as a synthesis of faith and reason through debate.
Writing sonnets with ethical meanings.
The basis for truth is in the Holy Bible.
The Scientific Method of testing a hypothesis.
10. Which group of people experienced devastating persecution in the Spanish Inquisition under the rule of Ferdinand and Isabella?
Your Email Address (Required to receive your score)
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service