The seminar would be conducted by Professor Judith L. Millesen, Associate Professor at the Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs at Ohio University, Athens, Ohio, USA. The seminar will be delivered in English. Seminar is open for any interested person in public administration and non-profit management, students, and researchers. It is also open to representatives of non-governmental organizations.
The seminar will help you learn more about public administration as a career choice and second, to understand how this education can help build strong community-university partnerships that have the potential to build community capacity and strengthen administrative skills in public and nonprofit organizations.
The seminar will help you
• Examine individual career goals in relation to public administration education
• Understand the key steps involved in developing and sustaining community-university partnerships
• Identify common challenges faced by community-university partnerships and suggested strategies and resources for overcoming them.
• Develop and enhance skills for all partners that will enhance their capacity for supporting and sustaining authentic community-university partnerships
• Create tools to strengthening nonprofit financial capacity through community engagement and board governance.
Please register to participate by October 15, 2014!
The seminar will take place in #305 Auditorium at Caucasus International University (CIU) (Chargali str. #73, Tbilisi), from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., on October 20-21, 2014.
For additional information please contact with national coordinator at Caucasus International University:
Giorgi Davidovi, Tel. +995 568 881 481, E-mail. email@example.com
Dr. Millesen has been invited to deliver workshops in Armenia and Georgia with the support of IREX- Muskie Mentor/Advisor Exchange (MAX) project.