Carnival Consortium - Artists
The Carnival Consortium will be an umbrella network across Northern Ireland, for working together in the Carnival artform. Beat Carnival and the North West Carnival Initiative wish to create greater visibility and an influential voice by working on a Way Forward, together. The Carnival Consortium will be comprised of artists, community partners and those with a passion for animation in our communities, on the streets of our towns and cities ...and at locations yet to be explored!
The Carnival Consortium aims to connect all with an interest in creating Carnival, Outdoor Arts and Spectacle events. The Consortium aims to respond to needs to:
- Organise an open forum and other means for Carnival conversations
- Provide training and mentor opportunities for those in the sector
- Establish recognition and a voice for Carnival & Outdoor Arts in the Arts / Culture Sector
- Lobby and liaise with others to identify opportunities.
We will develop the Carnival Consortium initially through:
1. A Questionnaire identifying members and their interests
2. Engage Carnival partners in the Arts Sector
3. Compile a report based on these findings
4. Carnival Consortium will organise meetings twice a year (first one online in April 2021)
5. Plan a path forward for making work in 2021-2024.
Four questionnaires aim to provide an overview of the Carnival community and a clearer picture of those choosing to work in Carnival. The survey is open to all with an interest in this! Through the survey and further conversations we wish to identify skills; training needs; clients and future projects; networking, collaboration, sharing and mentoring opportunities; and ultimately... create more work for artists and increase community engagement and Carnival visibility.