Postdoctoral Opportunities in National Labs, Research Institutes & Universities: A Community Conversation - DPS Virtual Professional Development Workshop
Join us for an interactive question and answer session all about postdoc positions. All are welcome! The professional development subcommittee of the DPS has assembled a panel of experts from various institutions and fields and also student moderators for the event. We will cover as many topics as are of interest to the audience, and plan to have a slack channel for asynchronous questions and answers as well.
Date: Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Time: 2 pm Eastern, 1 pm Central, 12 pm Mountain, 11 am Pacific, 8 am Hawaii, 8 pm CEST (Central European)
Duration: ~1 hr
Place: Virtual link to be sent to registrants, and also will be posted to the slack channel the day of the event. You are welcome to forward the telecon info to colleagues/friends, but please don't post the zoom or slack links in a public place/social media to avoid zoom-bombing.
- Brief introduction of panelists and moderators
NPP director: Joan Schmelz (USRA)
NSF postdoctoral program: Karen Knierman (ASU)
Mentors from institutions: Jorge Nunez (APL), Justin Filiberto (LPI/USRA), Kelsi (SWRI), Maitrayee (Fellowships at Universities)
NPP past and current postdocs: Michael Thorpe (NPP), Michelle Thompson (NPP), Liton Majumdar (NPP), Rajani Dhingra (NPP), Jessica Barnes (NPP)
Postdoctoral fellowships: Alexander Thelen (NASA Astrobiology postdoctoral fellowship), Katherine de Kleer (51 Pegasi b Fellowship)
**Please register below so that we can send you the link to the slack channel and the event telecon link in advance.**
**You do NOT need to be a DPS member or registered for the DPS meeting to attend this event. It is open to all.**
- There is no registration deadline, as you can still join the event without pre-registration by coming to this page to get the link to the event on the day of, but it helps us if you register in advance :).
- Please pass this invitation on to interested colleagues.
- We realize your plans may change, but please still sign up in advance if you think you might come :). No need to cancel your registration if you are not able to come.
- You will receive an e-mail with the subject "Confirmation - DPS Professional Development Workshop: Postdoc Positions" with the event telecon link a day or two before the event.
The link to this page for reference and for sharing with colleagues is:
We look forward to seeing you there!
~ Maitrayee Bose, Kelsi Singer, Audrey Martin, Maya Yanez, and The Professional Development Committee of the DPS
For questions about the event please contact Maitrayee Bose:
For questions or issues with the form please contact:
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
and also a big thanks to the DPS Leadership for supporting this event! To learn more about the DPS and DPS Meetings please visit:
Institution or Affiliation
What stage of your career are you?
Taking a gap year
Other questions or comments?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service