TO ENTER: Fill out this Entry Form -AND- EMAIL up to THREE JPG -or PDF images for consideration (with titled files) to email@example.com.
All artwork selected for the exhibition should be delivered to SHIFTSPACE for installation on Saturday January 21, 2017 at 1pm and should be picked up on Saturday February 18th at 4pm.
Entry Fee: Free (up to three entries)For questions regarding large-scale, or special needs please contact WSU SHIFTSPACE Director, Lisa Rundstrom (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make special arrangements.
Requirements:• Entrant must be a currently enrolled undergraduate WSU student (or graduated Fall 2015)• Each Student may submit up to three pieces of artwork. • Work submitted must be available for the entirety of exhibition dates.• Work must have been completed after August 30, 2014.• All artwork must be properly prepared for Gallery Display & Ready to Hang• Frame or have tabs on drawings, photos, or works on paper• Must not have shown the submitted work at ShiftSpace previously
ARTIST RESPONSIBILITES & AGREEMENT/ By entering artists agree to the following:1. Art Work Preparation: All work must be ready to hang and install in a professional manner. If the artwork requires unique treatment for installation, the artist is responsible for providing specialty hardware, installation diagram & instructions. Shift Space cannot be held responsible for damaged art due to insufficient hanging devices or the improvisation of these devices.
2. General Handling: The artist must provide adequate protection of the artwork for general handling, moving, and storage prior to and post installation, if necessary, (i.e. loose prints/drawing “sandwiched” between cardboard & newsprint etc.- with the artists name Clearly Labeled on the exterior of packaging.)(p.2)
3. All work should be of the same high quality as submitted by the artist in the application process. WSU Shift Space Gallery reserves the right to edit, move and or refuse any work submitted to the gallery exhibition.
4. WSU Shift Space retains the right to amend the exhibition timeline or schedule for any reason.
5. Insurance: All reasonable care will be given to the handling and display of artwork in the custody of WSU Shift Space. WSU Shift Space Gallery does not carry insurance to cover the cost of damaged, lost or stolen artwork; therefore, the artist agrees to exhibit at his/her own risk. The Artist may purchase insurance through his/her own provider.
6. Sales: There is no commission collected on the sale of artwork. Sales transactions will take place directly between the artist & prospective buyer. SHIFTSPACE employee's will assist as needed.