In addition, our premier event will be a bid-point competition for the All American Awaaz competition, which will take place in Chicago, Illinois. Competing at Gathe Raho 2018 will allow your team to earn bid points towards the national championship.
All teams are required to arrive on Friday, MARCH 2ND (by 5:00 pm) in order to attend the mixer that night at 7:00 pm. All groups will stay at the newly opened Hilton Garden Inn, located in the heart of downtown Iowa City. All hotel costs are paid by the teams. ISA will only reserve the rooms for teams. For each prospective team, there is a non-refundable $160 application fee. Late registration will require an additional $25 ($185). Details are below. Teams will be required to pay fees online through the link (https://www.signmeup.com/site/reg/register.aspx?fid=8K2V8H7) and send required ID materials for team members by the application dates. Once accepted, all teams are required to pay an additional $30 per person on the official roster. If these materials are not submitted by the day of the deadlines, they will NOT be accepted. We have detailed ISA regulations that should be reviewed by teams prior to the event. Our organization will strive to provide a great experience for everyone involved in the event, especially our a'capella teams. We are at your service to guide you through the registration process. If at any time you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to contact us. Over the past several years, our events have shown a tremendous pattern of increasing success and growth. We are thrilled that you have decided to take part in the success of our event. Sincerely, ISA Gathe Raho Committee 2018_________________________________
December 1st, 2017: REGULAR Registration Date. December 8th, 2017: LATE Registration Date, FINALL CALL. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THIS DATE. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY PACKETS SUBMITTED AT A LATER DATE! ALL REGISTRATION FEES AND DOCUMENTS MUST BE SENT IN BEFORE THIS DATE TO BE CONSIDERED. December 9th, 2017: Final decisions will be made.
December 15th, 2017: Chosen teams must respond to acceptance before this date
*Fees must be paid through THIS LINK:https://www.signmeup.com/site/reg/register.aspx?fid=8K2V8H7
- Teams must be present at given slot time of rehearsal. Each team will receive 20 minutes for rehearsal. Therefore, teams must stop rehearsal as soon as the rehearsal coordinator notifies the end of the slot. Five minutes will be allowed between each time slot to move in and out of the auditorium stage.
- Punctuality is necessary in all aspects of the competition, including registration and rehearsal. Tardiness will not be tolerated.
- Lighting cues, introduction videos, and extras must be received by January 29th, 2018. Lighting cues and extras are dependent upon the request and the venue. An introduction video is required. The video will be used to familiarize the audience with your group. Videos longer than two minutes will not be accepted. The introduction video must be submitted electronically through a YouTube or Google Doc link.
- All team members must have matching costumes. Costumes must be selected with discretion and any revealing costumes will not be allowed.
- Previous to the day of competition, a mixer will be held for both the ISA board and the competing teams. It is mandatory for all team members to attend this event. All teams must arrive by 5:00pm on MARCH 2ND, 2018.
- Each performance must NOT exceed 12 minutes. This does not include the time that the introduction video plays. During the performance, time will start as soon as the first sound is made on stage and end after the last song. Pitch pipe to pitch pipe.
- Each team may have a minimum of 12 and maximum of 16 members. Contact the Gathe Raho Committee if you have further concerns.
- All belongings are the responsibility of the team members. If any lost belongings are found and need to be shipped, the shipping must be paid for by the recipient.
- Teams are to treat other teams and ISA members with respect. Poor conduct is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
- Failure to arrive on time and/or stay during the entirety of the mixer without prior approval from the Gathe Raho Committee (2pt deduction)
- Failure to be backstage for the performance team check-in at given time (1 pt deduction for every 5 min late)
- Failure to be present or arriving late to dress rehearsal (2 pt deduction)
- Failure to check-in or arriving late for check-in (2 pt deduction)
- Use of unauthorized recording device during the show (2 pt deduction)
- Exceeding 20 minute time limit for rehearsal (1 pt deduction for each minute over limit)
- Exceeding 12 minute time limit for performance (1 pt deduction for every 15 seconds over limit)
- Negative attitude towards other teams, including taunting, badgering, or harassing. Teams may be disqualified based upon the discretion of ISA board members.
All information regarding rules and regulations, deduction/penalties, and judging criteria are subject to change. If such change occurs, teams will be immediately notified.