We will be baptizing people for the first time and celebrating the baptisms we've already had on Wednesday, April 3 during Wesley at 8pm. More information/the details of the event will be emailed to you upon signing up.
Things to do:
- Read our statement on baptism below
- Electronically sign your name saying you have read our statement
- Fill out pertinent information below
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
Baptism celebrates becoming that new person. That is why the church’s ritual begins with putting off the old, renouncing sin and the evil powers of the world, and pledging our loyalty to Christ (for more on baptism information see http://www.umc.org/what-we-believe/baptism).
The Wesley Foundation at Georgia Southern University is a United Methodist Campus Ministry, and thus upholds the beliefs of the UMC in regards to baptism. We do not require you to share our beliefs, but they will guide our approach to baptisms.
- Anyone who has never been baptized before and professes faith in Jesus is eligible to be baptized.
- Anyone who has been baptized/christened at any age and in any denomination, and now professes faith in Jesus is eligible to take part in a celebration of your baptism (where you will lower and raise yourself in and out of the water, and then a Wesley staff member will pray for you).