C.R.E.W. - Youth Programs Survey
The following survey has been developed to further identify educational and recreational afterschool and summer needs for our community's youth. Below you will have the opportunity to share your family needs and/or what you observe in our community. Your answers are anonymous.
This survey will remain open until April 30, 2016.
Please join us March 10th at 5:30pm at Kalmiopsis Library
1. In which of the following grades do you have a child enrolled in school? (check all that apply)
No kids in school
2. Which school(s) do you have a child enrolled?
Azalea Middle School
Brookings Harbor High School
Brookings Christian School
No kids in school
3. What activities does your child(ren) currently participate in afterschool, if any?
4. Recalling your own experience as a student, what are your most memorable or influential school activities (during school hours or afterschool)?
5. Regarding afterschool and summer program availability, how satisfied are you regarding your families access to desired programs? (1 = very unsatisfied, 2 = somewhat unsatisfied, 3 = satisfied, 4 = mostly satisfied, 5 = very satisfied)
6. Do you need afterschool or summer childcare?
Yes - Year round
Yes - Holidays/Summer only
7. What would be the primary reason you would enroll your child in an afterschool program?
Improve academic performance
Safe place to be
8. Regarding afterschool and summer programs, what interests would most apply to your child(ren)?
Personal Skill Building (cooking, sewing, managing finances, etc.)
Recreational (non-league) Sports - other than currently available
Languages and Culture
College Bound Prep
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) Activities
Job Skills (carpentry, accounting, beauty, auto mechanics, etc)
Special Visitors (fire dept, etc)
Entry Job Skills (resumes, interviews)
9. If afterschool and summer programs were available, what might prevent your child(ren) from participating?
Hours of availability
Lack of interesting options
10. Regarding afterschool and summer programs, which programs do you prefer most?
Daily pre-registered program (Monday - Friday)
As-needed/drop-in daily programs
Short-term year-round programs (ie. 2 week daily program)
11. What are the best times for programs?
Immediately after school (2:00 - 5:00pm)
Late Afternoon Pick-up (2:00 - 5:45 or 6pm)
Evenings (6:00 - 9:00pm)
12. Regarding AFTERSCHOOL programs, how likely would your family participate if they were available? (1 = highly unlikely, 2 = somewhat unlikely, 3 = undecided, 4 = somewhat likely, 5 = very likely)
13. Regarding SUMMER programs, how likely would your family use if they were available? (1 = highly unlikely, 2 = somewhat unlikely, 3 = undecided, 4 = somewhat likely, 5 = very likely)
14. If afterschool and/or summer programs were available, would you require financial assistance or scholarships?
Yes - full
Yes - partial
Maybe - depending on fees
15. Do you think money for AFTERSCHOOL programs should come primarily from:
16. Do you think money for SUMMER programs should come primarily from:
17. Regarding afterschool and summer programs, would you be willing to volunteer some time, skills or resources?
18. If you would like us to contact you for more input, to volunteer or get involved in development, please enter your name, phone number and email below:
Additional feedback or comments:
Thank you for your valuable time completing this survey!
We are looking for people to join our efforts to support youth with more afterschool and summer programs. If you would like more information on how you can help, please email:
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service