Joan Terr Ronis Memorial Recital Application
About the Recital:
Leonard Ronis established the Joan Terr Ronis Recital Prize in 1996 as a memorial to his wife, the well-known Cleveland piano soloist, chamber music artist and teacher. The prize and recital are presented after a competition held each spring among undergraduate music students attending CWRU. Mr. Ronis, a lifelong supporter of CWRU and the arts, was nationally known for his role in public transit. With his passing on July 4, 2012, the family requested that the prize be renamed the Leonard and Joan Terr Ronis Memorial Recital Prize. The prize returned to its original name during the summer of 2020.
Friday following spring break (3rd Friday in March)
1. All CWRU undergraduate music majors are eligible to audition for this recital and prize.
2. The audition will consist of standard solo repertoire chosen by the student and applied instructor.
3. An authorization from the applied instructor must accompany this application.
4. The audition will take place during spring jury exams (Reading Days).
5. Students must submit repertoire and an accompanist request one month prior to jury exams.
6. Up to 2 winners will be selected. Each will receive a cash award and perform a recital during the fall semester.
7. The Joan Terr Ronis Memorial Recital takes place during the month of October in Harkness Chapel.
Questions: Jennifer Wright <
Accompanists: Eric Charnofsky <
Have you received authorization from your applied instructor? After submitting this form, please email the authorization to Jennifer Wright (
). Your application will NOT be approved without proof of authorization.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Case Western Reserve University.