Quaver Unit 3 Episode 4: Impressionist Period
1. The Impressionist Period lasted from ________.
1750 - 1820
1600 - 1750
1870 - 1910
1910 - 2010
2. The Impressionist Period in music was about creating _______.
3. Which two composers were the most influential in this period?
Copland and Mahler
Debussy and Ravel
Rebussy and Davel
Phineas and Ferb
4. Who was a famous Impressionist painter who also experimented during this time?
5. What major invention was created during this period?
The light saber
6. During the Impressionist Period, composers ______.
did not use instruments in their orchestras
experimented and created new sounds with the instruments they already had
learned how to play the instruments
built different instruments
7. Composers experimented with _____ by adding new notes.
ways of amplifying music
8. Debussy wrote his piece, 'La Mer', about the ______.
9. During the Impressionist Period, composers used a new scale called ______.
the tone scale
the whole tone scale
the normal scale
the impressionist scale
10. How did Quaver describe the sound of this new scale?
Spooky and scary
Surprising and exciting
Imaginative and dreamy
Fancy and frilly
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Berryessa Union School District.
Terms of Service