Cryotherapy use after total knee replacement
We are conducting a short survey of orthopaedic departments to investigate the use of cryotherapy (or ice) following total knee replacement (TKR).
This is to support an application for a randomised trial, depending on the findings of the survey. Survey responses will be completely anonymous, and it is quick to complete (approx. 2 mins).
Thank you for your help and time in completing this survey.
Mr Andrew Metcalfe
Orthopaedic Surgeon and Associate Professor
University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire & Warwick Clinical Trials Unit
1. What is the name of your institution and where is it based?
2. Is your institution NHS or privately commissioned?
3. What is your job title and grade?
4. Does your department use cryotherapy (ice) in patients post TKR?
Yes (move to question 6)
Used in different procedure (please specify in other)
5. Which factors influence your decision to not use cryotherapy?
You may end the questionnaire here. Many thanks for your time.
Limited evidence for effectiveness
6. How many patients receive cryotherapy? Please choose the most suitable option.
All TKR patients
Most TKR patients
Selected patients only
7. Which factors influence your decision to use cryotherapy?
Evidence of effectiveness
8. Which clinical features influence your decision to use cryotherapy?
Reduced range of motion
9. Do you apply cryotherapy combined with compression?
Yes (please specify type of compression in 'other')
10. Which device do you routinely use to administer cryotherapy?
Game ready device
11. Which factors influence your decision to use this device?
Evidence of effectiveness
11. At what stage is treatment initiated post TKR?
Within 6 h
12. What is the duration of each treatment session (min)?
13. What is the frequency of application of cryotherapy?
Three or more times daily
14. What is the overall length of course of cryotherapy?
Three or more weeks (please specify)
15. What exact temperature do you hope to achieve with cryotherapy?
<10 degrees C
10-15 degrees C
16-20 degrees C
>20 degrees C
16. Do you advise patients to self administer cryotherapy at home?
17. What complications have you observed from administering cryotherapy?
Skin trauma e.g. ice burns
Delayed wound healing
18. Is each device used to treat a single patient, or re used for multiple patients?
Single patient use
Multi patient use
19. If multi patient use, how are the devices cleaned and decontaminated between patient contacts?
20. How are the devices protected from soiling by wound exudate or blood?
21. Does your department use cryotherapy in patients post total hip replacement?
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service