Basic 2 Needs Assessment
1. Watch the video.
2. Answer the questions.
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your last name?
3. What name do you prefer to be called?
4. Why do you need to learn English? (Mark all that apply)
Help my child
Community / daily life (shopping, transportation, talking to people)
Health / the doctor
5. Where do you use English currently? (Mark all that apply)
With my children
At the doctor
On the bus / metro / taxi
6. In English, I am really good at
Using the computer and technology
7. How do you like to learn best?
Working in small groups
Working with a classmate in pairs
Listening to the teacher
8. This school year at Briya, I am most excited about
Reaching a personal, family, education, or work goal
Making new friends
Improving my English skills
Learning about other cultures and people
Learning about Child Development
Learning about technology
9. This school year, you will learn the following things in your Basic 2 English class. Which 2 are most important to you? Choose 2.
Read a text with more than 1 paragraph
Read and interpret charts and ads
Read, write, and say complete sentences
Read, write, and say questions in English
Write a paragraph
Write personal information in an application
Ask and answer questions in English using complete sentences
10. During September and October, you will learn the following things in your Basic 2 English class. Which 2 are most important to you? Choose 2.
Greet and ask your classmates questions
Greet and have a short conversation with co-workers or strangers
Complete English activities on a computer
Complete English activities in a textbook
Participate in English class on Zoom
Say complete sentences to talk about your country and school
Say complete sentences to talk about other people’s countries and schools
Write about yourself, country, and school
Read new information and answer questions
11. Do you currently work?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Briya Public Charter School.