Texline ISD Bullying Reporting Form
Bullying is defined in Texline ISD Policy as:
A single significant act or a pattern of acts by one or more students directed toward another student exploiting an imbalance of power. It may include means of expression that are written, verbal, electronic, or physical.
- It occurs on school property, at a school-sponsored or school-related activity, or in a vehicle operated by the district.
- It has or may affect a student physically, damage a student’s property, or place a student in reasonable fear of harm to their person or property;
- It is sufficiently severe, persistent, or pervasive enough that the action or threat creates an intimidating, threatening, or abusive educational environment for a student;
- It materially and substantially disrupts the educational process or the orderly operation of a classroom or school;
- Or it infringes on the rights of the victim at school.
“Cyberbullying" is defined by Texline ISD Policy as:
Bullying that occurs through the use of any electronic communication device, including through the use of a cellular or other type of telephone, computer, camera, electronic mail, instant messaging, text messaging, social media application, Internet website, or any other Internet-based communication tool.
- It applies to bullying that occurs on or is delivered to school property, school-sponsored or school-related activity, or off school property;
- It occurs on a school bus or vehicle being used for transportation of students to or from school or a school-sponsored or school-related activity;
- It occurs off of school property or outside of a school-sponsored or school-related activity if the cyber-bullying:
- interferes with a student ’s educational opportunities;
- substantially disrupts the orderly operation of a classroom, school, or school-sponsored or school-related activity.
You have the right to remain anonymous when filling out this report. It is important to provide the name of the alleged victim, alleged bully, date, time, and location of the incident, and what actions were done to help with the investigation of this incident and the supervision of students.