Project Mohua's Plant Subsidy Program is sponsored by Cobb Mitigation Fund, Fonterra Sustainable Catchment Fund, and One Tree Planted via the NZ Landcare Trust. This online application is for our Plant Subsidy Program 2023
. This year we have been able to expand our program to include planting on more diverse sites throughout Mohua and double the amount of plant subsidies offered. PROGRAM DETAILS:
- We pay $1.50/plant or 50% of the initial cost.
- We will be coordinating plant orders with local growers.
- Applicants must order a minimum of 50 trees.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICATNS WILL:
- Pay for the remaining cost of the plants.
- Provide a map, including coordinates, of your planting site.
- Provide a before and after photo of your planting site.
- Agree to protect and maintain the plants as needed.
- Provide survival data for 1 year and 3 years after planting.
Applications are open and will close on 5 March 2023
Each planting site (continuous farm/land holding/ etc.) requires an application form. Applicants can submit more than one form if there are multiple planting sites. Neighbours and community groups with continuous land holdings are encouraged to apply together. Planting Times:
- Most Riparian Planting: May - August 2024
- All Other Applicaitons: May - August 2023
If your application is successful, we will be in touch promptly with information about how to create your planting plan, place your plant orders, and next steps.