CUIMUN-HS Secretariat Application 2021
Role Descriptions (go to next section for application form)
CUIMUN-HS - Cambridge University International Model United Nations High School
SG - Secretary General
USG - Under Secretary General
USG CHAIRING (Requires some experience of MUN):
- Recruit and select quality chairs for each committee.
- Help draft CUIMUN rules of procedure and chairing guidebook with the SGs.
- Provide training for the chairing team.
- Review all research reports.
- Act as liaison between chairs and Secretariat before and during the conference.
- Manage the application procedure for delegates.
- Act as the liaison between schools/delegations and the secretariat and reply to any queries.
- Work with the SG to issue invoices to schools.
- Provide UK entry visa letters.
- Work with USG Publicity to create a delegate guidebook, delegate packs, and other conference material.
- Act as the first port of call for Head Delegates if they have any concerns during the conference.
USG FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION:
- Manage accounts and expenditures.
- Make key purchases for the conference.
- Manage Deposits and Booking Fees.
- Work with USG Access to maximise any sponsorship money for subsidies.
- Organise social events that will take place during the conference.
- Organise a variety of workshops and speakers events during the conference, focusing on international relations, careers in the UN, and applying to university.
- Help organise training workshops for delegates.
- Recruit guest speakers for the opening and closing ceremonies.
- Work with the SGs and USG Access to organise access events and workshops.
USG EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS & Publicity:
- Responsible for graphic design, conference logo, branding and for commissioning merchandise.
- Manage the Conference’s online presence, including the website and social media.
- Work with members of the Secretariat to design Conference Booklet and other Conference materials.
- Promote the conference to schools and recruit delegates.
- Work with members of the Secretariat to contact external speakers for workshops and Opening/Closing Ceremonies.
- Work with the SGs to create funding arrangements for local schools.
- Liaise with local schools about potential funded spaces.
- Work with the SGs and USG Events to organise workshops and events for local schools over the Lent term.
- Search and contact potential sponsors for the conference.
- Produce and manage applications for sponsorship.
- Oversee access arrangements for chairs, delegates, and other conference participants (including building accessibility, hearing loops, etc).
- Organise Committee rooms on Zoom (or some similar video conferencing platform).
- Organise and maintain the website.
- Make sure the Zoom licenses are correct.
- Ensure the hosting and technology works on the day.
USG CONFERENCE MANAGEMENT:
- Organise accommodation for conference participants.
- Book rooms and venues for opening and closing ceremonies and committee meetings.
- Work with the SG to create financial plans for venue and accommodation costs.
- Oversee logistics and ensure the smooth running of the conference.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of University of Cambridge.